Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Christina Hollis: A Lovely Puzzle...

Here's where I'm a student. Isn't it beautiful?
I've been amazed how fast my first academic year at university has evaporated. I now have four assignments to complete within the next two weeks, so my mind is buzzing. 

My poor brain went into overload this morning when my husband handed me a present. "I know you don't care about being the only kid in class without a smartphone," he said, just about managing to keep a straight face, "but you'll need this to keep in touch with the others via WhatsApp over the long vac."

One of the many, many reasons I love my OH is his generosity. Only last week he paid the parking fee at the hospital for a mother who couldn't get her credit card to work in the machine. And now this...a beautiful new replacement for my plain black Nokia emergency phone.
A little light reading...pic via Pixabay

The only trouble is, technology is not my friend. I say that all the time, but it's true! It's taken me several hours to puzzle out how to operate this new device. 

Now I'm set up and ready to go (I think).  I'm trying to decide which apps to install and podcasts to follow. Do you have any recommendations? I like reading and writing (obviously!) gardening, cooking and ecology. I've already signed up for Forestry England's iNaturalist project. 

Can you suggest any others? What things do you enjoy listening to on your phone? 

Christina Hollis's first non-fiction book, Struggle and Suffrage in Bristol is published by Pen and Sword Books. You can find out more about that here, catch up with her at https://christinahollisbooks.online, on Twitter, Facebook, and see a full list of her published books at christinahollis.com

2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

apps for the social media platforms you use can be helpful. You might want to give Instagram a try--a lot of authors like it there. Email can be handy, too.

denise

Christina Hollis said...

Thanks, Denise—I've signed up for Instagram, and I'm on email now, too. To be honest, the thing I've been using most is the camera and the note pad. When I'm out walking the dog I can work at the same time! :)