Pages

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

The Sheikh and the One-Handed Writer

It's been an interesting start to the New Year.

Those of you follow me on Facebook or Twitter will know that I broke my arm in the middle of January. There was a horrible week in which I had a slab plaster from shoulder to palm. Thankfully it was replaced with this much lighter contraption but it's a bad place to break and the prognosis is 8-10 weeks.

Since then I've been waddling around like a one-winged duck, unable to drive, unable to do the most basic things. Try opening a jar of your favourite spread with one hand, buttering a slice of bread, cutting up your food and you will see what I mean. :)  I'm calling this the one armed diet. Pulling on a pair of pants with just one hand reminds me of something from a Laurel and Hardy movie. Which has been another problem. Not many of my clothes have sleeves wide enough to cover the brace. Thank goodness for the best beloved's T-shirts!

Working has been a struggle. I'm writing one of a quartet of books for Tule at the moment with three fabulous authors Anne McAllister, Sophie Weston and Jessica Hart. Getting the words down has been a battle. The choice has been using voice recognition software, or typing one-handed, neither of which is much fun - it's been really hard to ge a flow going. On the other hand, the four of us are having a day out in the Cotswolds next week to familiarize ourselves up close and personal with the setting for our Invitation to a Royal Wedding series.


However on the positive front The Sheikh's Convenient Princess, published by Harlequin Romance has been storming away during February, garnering a very pleasing number of five-star reviews on Amazon and at Goodreads. Even readers who wouldn't normally choose a sheikh have loved Ruby and Bram's story.

You can read an excerpt at my website, or here are the links to The Sheikh's Convenient Princess 

Harlequin
Kobo
 Amazon US
Amazon UK


Hopefully I'll be back in one piece next month when I'll tell you all about the exciting Summer at the Villa Rosa.

Happy reading.

2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

hope the healing goes quickly!

denise

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks so much. Fracture clinic yesterday confirmed that the bone has knit but I have to wear the brace for another couple of weeks while it strengthens. Gentle exercize then physio, Such a relief.