Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Season Change

I grew up in a suburb of Vancouver, BC, where the seasons were usually rain, more rain, less rain, warmer rain, colder rain... You get the idea.

When we moved into the interior of British Columbia, we started to feel like real Canadians. We're in the mountains, but we're also in a bit of a dry belt and far enough south to be more temperate than the rest of the country. We get rain in the fall and spring, snow in the winter and hot, hot, hot sun in the summer. (Think wine country.) The seasons are really well defined. It's perfect, in my opinion.
I'll admit that this year's drought means this photo of leaves is actually from last year, but a typical fall brings these gorgeous colours to my neighbourhood. It sometimes also brings guys like this one. He did show up this year. This is my front yard before my husband picked all the fruit and gave him no reason to return.

Spring is my favourite season for its promise, but I love fall for its productivity. I love the sense of getting back to routine. For me, September is a time of making lists and planning the rest of my year. With my daughter having moved into her own place this summer, I'm even becoming the mom who wonders what Christmas will look like. Will she be home? Will we go to her?

Given that we now have winters that include shovelling and cold snaps that can keep us indoors for a week, I always look forward to the heat of summer. But today, as the final days of summer dwindle, I find myself looking forward to the hibernation of winter. The crock pot meals and the blanket on my lap as I snuggle on the couch with a book, dark coming early and snow falling silently beyond the windows.

Are you in that mind frame yet? Which season is your favourite? Comment below and I'll draw one lucky winner to receive a signed copy from my backlist.


Dani's VOWS OF REVENGE is in stores through September! Roman was convinced that Melodie had been sent by his enemy and planned to punish her--but wound up seducing her! Once he learns she's innocent, however, his plans change again. He wants more than the one passionate interlude they had.


Amazon: US | Canada | UK  | iBooks | Nook | Kobo | GooglePlay

ORDER NOW!

A Montana Born Christmas releases October 20th, but you can preorder now! This boxed set includes eight sweet and sexy holiday stories by eight award winning and best-selling authors. Available for a limited time! Grab yours now!

Amazon
USCA | UK | Aus



3 comments:

uniquecus said...

Fall the colours

dstoutholcomb said...

I love Autumn!

Denise

Mary Preston said...

I love autumn too. It is always so welcome after the heat of summer.