Pages

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Addison Fox: Summer's Close


With the Labor Day holiday upon us, summer in the US effectively comes to end. Of course, the real end of summer doesn’t arrive for a few more weeks, but the “fun” part of summer – the long, lazy days and the pursuit of more light-hearted endeavors – is coming to an end.

While I always look forward to summer, I love that we end the season with a day devoted to taking time off. Acknowledging our labors and taking a day away (or a long weekend!) away from them.

For me, reading often fulfills that time away from work. I love sinking into a good book and simply getting lost in a story. For a few hours, I don’t have day job demands, writing deadlines, house cleaning, outside commitments or appointments. Nope, it’s just me and a story, falling in love with a new hero, flying through space with a crew of characters or solving a fresh crime through my hardened cop’s eyes.

So what about you? What do you have on the agenda for Labor Day and what are you looking forward to in the coming months from your TBR pile. As you read, I encourage you to think about what a nice escape you’re taking from the day to day.

Thanks for joining me today!
XOXO,
Addison


Despite early ambitions of being a diver, a drummer or a doctor, Addison Fox happily discovered she was more suited to life as a writer. She lives in Dallas and - thankfully - doesn't have to operate on anyone. You can find her at her home on the web at www.addisonfox.com. Her latest book, THE PROFESSIONAL, will be out in October from Harlequin Romantic Suspense. You can visit her at her website at www.addisonfox.com

1 comment:

dstoutholcomb said...

didn't do much of anything