Pages

Thursday, April 03, 2014

N. Isabelle Blanco: The Debate on Godly Personalities - Should they be modern? Or Classical, Holy Kings of Humanity?


I had no idea, when I decided to start writing my series, that this was such an issue in the paranormal community. Surprise! It truly is. There are people on both sides of the field, all just as adamant that their point of view is the correct one. (Although, when you think about it, isn’t it that way with any issue humanity is faced with?)

It’s known that my gods straddle the fence between the classical idea of what gods should be, and my psychological “theory” of what they would evolve into as a species co-existing alongside humans. (And when I say straddle, I mean they’re hanging on for dear life as the wind threatens to blow them into the “fully modern” side of things :p)


While my gods do hold onto a lot of their pre-historic traits (namely: their godly egos), it is my strong belief that living alongside humans as evolved would change the gods as well. However, upon publishing book one (Blood Flows Deep in the Empire), I discovered that there is people out there that utterly despise the idea of modernistic-gods. They hate gods that have learned to not just speak like modern humans, but to dress as them, not simply to blend in because of personal tastes, as well. They’ll reject giving a story a chance just because of this one issue alone.


What are your thoughts on the matter? Should gods be kept as the holier-than-thou archetypes, or is it okay to modernize them to match the times? Drop me a comment and let me know ^_~

No comments: