Pages

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The Fortune Hunter - Jasmine Haynes

For those of you who haven’t read my Holt Medallion winner, The Fortune Hunter, it has been released in mass market edition! I think it’s a fun, sexy marriage of convenience story with a sensual twist. I’ve got a fun little trailer on my website and here’s a blurb for the book.

Heiress Faith Castle wants to be a mother, and she can’t wait forever for Mr. Right to come along. When she meets Connor Kingston, it’s not exactly love at first sight. But isn’t any marriage a bargain? He’s yummy, he’s available, and he thinks she’s sexy…

Faith gets the family she’s always wanted, and Connor gets her father’s company. But the terms go beyond that. Connor will be faithful—if Faith agrees to a no-holds-barred sex life. The shy heiress is not sure she can satisfy her new husband’s desires. As he tenderly and boldly releases Faith from her inhibitions, she learns to appreciate herself, body and soul.

And then something even more unexpected happens…Faith falls for Connor. But that was never part of the bargain.

The idea for The Fortune Hunter came to me while I was watching The Heiress with Olivia DeHavilland and Montgomery Clift. It’s an old historical movie (yes, you all know I love old movies!) in which the heroine is romanced by a fortune hunter. Or is he really only after her money? I wondered what would happen if the story was updated to the present. Then I wondered what would happen if the couple actually made a bargain out of the marriage. And that was the glimmer of The Fortune Hunter.

Movies are updated all the time! The Thomas Crown Affair (although I preferred the original). Hah, now they’ve even remade A Nightmare on Elm Street. But have you noticed how no one has tackled Gone with the Wind? What great old movie would you like to see remade?

Leave a comment and your contact e-mail address and I’ll enter you in the drawing for a copy of Laced with Desire.

Don’t miss the excerpt for Take Your Pick on my website! And Dead to the Max will be available in print within the next week with a fresh new cover look and a text revamp.

21 comments:

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Happy Wednesday!

Joanna St. James said...

I never remember titles of movies but I remember the songs in them, i love the really funny ones like the one abt the cowman and the farmer being friends.
Oh Well my email is joannastjames at gmail dot com
congratulations on your book

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

LOL, Joanna, I can't remember the one about the cowman and the farmer! It was probably from Oklahoma or something like that! Thanks on my book release!

Laney4 said...

Hi!
How about THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR from 1947. I loved the TV show (1968-1970) and can still remember (with fondness) the characters from that show.
seytype at hotmail dot com

Fedora said...

Hi, Jasmine! Pathetically, I watch very few movies, new or old! Lately we've been fun watching Glee though, so it got me thinking more about musicals... Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer are irreplaceable in the Sound of Music, but it might be entertaining to see what a new cast and crew might do with it! :)

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Missy Hendricks said...

Hi! I love a good love story! I am a big fan of the notebook. I have not seen any good movies in a while but I am always on the look out for a good one! I am so excited to read this book! I ordered it a cople days ago and can't wait for it to get here! I have read show and tell and fair game and loved them both! I know this book will be just as great! Mhendricks97@yahoo.com

Lil said...

That is a really tough question. Truth be said, I am not creative enough to see a beloved old movie and imagine it better in an updated version. In fact some of the versions of movies which have been updated were disappointing to me. Love the first time around is special...for me, even if it is falling in love with a movie.

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Oh yes, Laney, I love the Ghost and Mrs. Muir, both the movie and the TV show!

I've heard about Glee, Fedora, and I'm going to have to check it out. The Sound of Music was wonderful, and it's coming out on Blu-ray! Gosh, I'll have to buy it. But it would be fun to see what a new cast does with it.

Missy, thanks so much for already ordering The Fortune Hunter. And it's the story that started it all in Show and Tell and Fair Game! I hope you enjoy it.

Oh, Lil, I know exactly what you mean. It's hard to imagine other actors playing your favorite characters. I adored The Producers with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder, and unfortunately, the updated version was woefully lacking in comparison. and it was even done by Mel Brooks, the creator of the original!

Linda Henderson said...

Well an old movie that comes to mind for me is Back Street with Susan Hayward and John Gavin. I don't know if anybody has seen it but I cried buckets everytime I watched it. It might be interesting to see it remade.

seriousreader at live dot com

Carolyn Brown said...

This book looks great ... loved the post. When ARE you going to do a modern day Back Street?
Congrat's on another best seller!
Carolyn brown

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

I remember Back Street, Linda! I love John Gavin! But I just looked it up on Netflix, and they don't even have it! What's up with that?

Thanks on the book, Carolyn! And gosh, maybe I better think about writing an updated Back Street. Great idea!

Pam P said...

Not really wanting to see a remake of a great older classic, rarely do they compare. I'd rather rewatch the original and enjoy it all over again.

I agree with you, Jasmine, I like the original Thomas Crown Affair much better. There was a remake of Sabrina, not on a par with Audrey Hepburn in the original. Loved Susan Hayward, don't think someone else would compare to her either in a remake.

J. Morgan said...

I loved this book! Then again there isn't a book of yours I haven't loved.

Jmo

Estella said...

I don't watch movies anymore---would rather read.

I would like to see a remake of From Here To eternity.

kissinoak at frontier dot com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

I have to agree with you, Pam, most of the time the remakes don't compare. Still like the Audrey Hepburn version of Sabrina much better!

I loved From Here To Eternity, Estella! Now let's see, who could compare with Burt Lancaster in that role???

Thank you, Jay! You're wonderful!

Pat Cochran said...

Hi, Jasmine,

I am not usually pleased with most
remakes and sequels. Honey says I
become fixated on the original
actors and my brain refuses to let
me accept anyone else in the roles!

Pat Cochran

mariska said...

i'm not so into remake movies. i like to see the original ones :)

uniquas at ymail dot com

Unknown said...

If there's a film, I like, I don't really want to see a remake. I thoughj 'The Italian Job' Mark II wasn't a patch on the original! - likewise with the ones listed above.

pageturner345@gmail.com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

So true, Pat. One of my favorite old movies is The Best Years of Our Lives, which was remade in the '80s with Tom Selleck in one of the lead roles. And while I love Tom, he just couldn't replace Dana Andrews in that role!

It seems almost a concensus, Mariska and pageturner, everyone likes the originals!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting everyone! I'm off to randomly select the winner of Laced with Desire!

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Congratulations, Linda Henderson, you're the winner! I'll contact you on your regular email address.

Thanks, everyone!

Mary Kirkland said...

I didn't get here in time for the contest, but I love your books so much, I'll be getting this one :)

I really don't like all these remakes. It seems like we are in an era of remakes here lately. I want original stories, and for horror I want a new monster. something that hasn't been done yet.