Pages

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Scarlet Wilson: Riding Along on the Crest of a Wave….


My latest book from Harlequin Mills and Boon is called An Inescapable Temptation and set on a cruise ship.  Where better to set a medical romance?


Last year, my family and I were lucky enough to go on a cruise around the Med.  It was our second time and was fabulous. 

There’s something so nice about waking up in a new port every day and going out to the see the sights.  There’s also something really nice about someone else doing the cooking and the cleaning! 



Our cruise took us to some fabulous places that just fired the imagination.  It started and ended with the beautiful sites of Venice with visits to Greece, Olympia to see the place where the Olympics started, Santorini (there’s a story about nearly being trampled by donkeys but that’s for another day) one of the supposed sites for Atlantis, Dubrovnik in Croatia, where you can touch the bullet holes in the walls of the City and Athens to see the Parthenon. 

One of the things I noticed was how hard-working and polite the crew were.  Nothing was too much trouble and the service was excellent.  It made the cruise a real pleasure.

Where is your favourite holiday destination?  I’ll give away a copy of my latest book to one commenter.

An Inescapable Temptation Nurse Francesca Cruz has taken a job on a cruise ship bound for the Mediterranean – the perfect retreat from her break-up – except she finds herself trapped with gorgeous, arrogant doctor Gabriel Russo.  She knows his type well, and won’t be tempted twice.  But with nowhere to escape – except overboard – and her delicious boss lying in the next cabin, it’s easier said than done! 

Scarlet

23 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I live inland, so I head to the coast for holidays. I really should move, because I love going to sleep listening to the ocean.

Lory Lee said...

We (with my family) usually visit our province during the holidays. We do nature tripping, go to the beach, visit some caves and other things.

Laurie G said...

I live in Florida near the Atlantic Ocean so my favorite destination is out West. We visited Utah and Northern Arizona this past August. Loved Zion and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon!! Hope to see more National Parks!

Eli Yanti said...

Hawaii, just hope want day I can go there :)

Rachael Johns said...

Sounds fab Scarlet! I've always wanted to go on a cruise!
x
Rach!

Laney4 said...

When we can afford to travel (rarely nowadays, but 1-4 times a year for decades before that), we always visit my sister and her family in the mountains (2000+ miles away), and when they have the time, they visit us (now once every two years). It doesn't matter what we do or where we go, as long as we do it together. It can be playing board/card games in the evening, putting together a jigsaw puzzle, geocaching/hiking just about anywhere, taking in a theatrical performance, walking through a museum/gallery, or simply visiting a library to stock up on our night-time reading material.
I am quite fine with travelling farther away by immersing myself in my romance books. If money wasn't an issue, we'd just visit family more often.

Kaelee said...

My favorite vacation spot has to be the next one we go to. Right now, we are slightly stuck at home as we have a cat that needs twice daily medication. We do a lot of days trips right now and since Banff National Park is just a couple of hours away I get my mountain fix on a regular basis.


Lisa W said...

I would love to go on a cruise, my friend just came back from a 10 day Caribbean cruise. I haven't had the chance to really travel but I would also like to go to Australia or Hawaii.

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

Although my sister and Mom had been to the Cinnamon Bay National Campground on St John, USVI, I've only been once. The three of us went, my sister was super organized about what to take. We stayed in one of the cabins and ate every evening up at the camp restaurant. 2 weeks of beach, blue water and reading... bliss...

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi Mary, thanks for visiting. I love listening to the sound of the ocean too. Whilst it's always very comforting it usually results n a few extra visits to the ladies room!

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi lory lee, I've done a few cave visits too. On one hand they've been spectacular and on the other a tiny bit creepy - but it certainly feeds the imagination!

erin said...

thanks for the fun post! As I live in the Midwest, we are seeing snow and very cold weather! So I'd love to go a warm, sunny beach :)

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi Laurie I love Florida! It's been around 13 yrs since I've last been, but I've got two sons now and would love to take them.

Scarlet Wilson said...

Eli yanti, I'd love to visit Hawaii too. I've looked into it, but from Scotland we'd probably need to remortgage the house if we wanted to take the family. Sigh, I'll just have to keep watching Hawaii 5 o.

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi Rach! The cruise was fab, next time it will need to be an Australian one so I can visit you!

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi Laney, I love the sound of your family holidays, they sound perfect and lots of fun!

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi Kaelee, sorry to hear about your sick cat. Here's hoping you enjoy your next holiday x

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi Lisa, I like all three places you've mentioned. I'd happily go to anyone of them, I just need to win the lottery first!

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi girly girl, cinnamon bay sounds gorgeous - like something you'd hear in a story. I'm off to google it now!

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi Erin, I'm in Scotland so I'm in the middle of cold weather too, let's just dream of sunny beaches!

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi Lisa w my son picked you out as the winner! Contact me via the contact form on my website and I'll get the book out to you this week. Thanks folks!

Lisa W said...

Thanks Scarlet and to your son too. :-)

Pat Cochran said...

Think I'd love to visit that wonderful country,
the U.S.of A.! There is an awful lot of our
country that I have not visited as yet. I've
just added this to my bucket list. What's that
commercial line? Oh, yes: "See the USA, in your
Chevrolet!"

Pat C.