Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2020

To the Rescue

by Joanne Rock

This winter seemed like a good time to revisit the best of my backlist, something I've been meaning to do for awhile. I recently celebrated my 90th book release with Harlequin (Rule Breaker), and hundredth-something overall. Which means I have a lot of older works that many of my readers might not have seen!

But contemporary books need updating. The world has changed so much in the last twenty years, and there are things that sound "off" to my ears in the older books, or there are snafus with technology that is so much different now. Luckily, I found some time this year to dive back into some stories I loved in the past to freshen them up and make them right for today.

Book 1
So I've got my "To the Rescue" series ready to share! I connected military and ex-military heroes from books that were all lightly suspenseful and sexy, too. The series begins with Renegade, which was released in an earlier form as Up Close and Personal. I loved Rocco, my ex-SEAL repo man hero, and Jessica is a sensuality guru who embraced her calling after a life trauma made her feel distanced from her own body. I admired her strength. Bonus? You'll get a visit to San Diego- aka, SEAL central--for this story. All three of the To the Rescue books have beachy settings.

For Protector, I moved to beautiful Puerto Rico as my matchmaker heroine travels to test the validity of her dating software and winds up with a sexy... well, protector! And the series winds up with Defender, set near Virginia Beach where my Navy explosives expert is recovering from an injury. 

The books are on all platforms, with Renegade at a special price to get you started!

**I set these stories at three beaches I've loved! What's your favorite beach? Or are you not a beach person? I've got a copy of THE RIVAL for one random poster!

10 comments:

girlfromwva said...

favorite beach i visited was New Smyrna Beach in Florida and one we visited briefly at Key West.

Kay Garrett said...

We live so far inland, that a trip to the beach is far and few in between. We were fortunate enough to take a trip up the entire coastline of Maine a few years back. I can't think of a one that I didn't love along that trip. I will say that just the coastline, lighthouses and views are as much of an interest to as the actual beaches themselves.

Thank you for the wonderful opportunity to win a copy of "THE RIVAL"!
2clowns at arkansas dot net

dstoutholcomb said...

I don't get to the beach enough to have a favorite, but we spent several summers taking our boys to OCMD.

denise

Laurie G said...

Nashotah Beach Lake Michigan in my hometown Two Rivers, Wisconsin

Bathtub Beach on Hutchinson Island in Stuart, FL is also nice but they are experiencing a lot of erosion issues the last few years.

johns lake at usa dot com

Mary Preston said...

Coolum Beach on the Sunshine Coast for me. It's incredibly beautiful.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Venice Beach In California. I love the shops and street performers :)

Joanne Rock said...

***Winner! Cheers and congrats to Mary Preston! All you need to do to claim your prize is message me at jrock008@gmail.com with a mailing address and I'll get your book out to you asap! Thank you all for visiting with me this week :-).

Mary Preston said...

THANK YOU!! I have sent you my details.

Unknown said...

Alright...

What I'm going to tell you may sound a little creepy, maybe even kind of "supernatural"

WHAT if you could simply push "Play" to listen to a short, "musical tone"...

And miraculously attract MORE MONEY to your life???

I'm talking about hundreds... even thousands of dollars!

Sound too EASY??? Think it's IMPOSSIBLE?!?

Well then, I've got news for you..

Many times the greatest miracles in life are the easiest to RECEIVE!

Honestly, I will PROVE it to you by letting you PLAY a REAL "miracle wealth building tone" I've synthesized...

(And COMPLETELY RISK FREE).

You simply push "Play" and you will start having more money come into your life... starting pretty much right away...

CLICK here NOW to PLAY the wonderful "Miracle Money Tone" - as my gift to you!