Pages

Saturday, December 09, 2017

Sunny Christmas wishes – Kandy Shepherd

I know it’s a cliché to say “I can’t believe it’s nearly Christmas already”–but I really can’t! The year seems to have zoomed by. Fortunately I just finished a story for Harlequin Romance (to be published next July) so can now turn my mind to all things Christmas. For me, this doesn’t just involve putting up the tree, shopping, and wrapping and cooking but also a huge clean up of the house!



In Australia where we live that means thoughts of a summer Christmas. But even though it is likely to be hot, we Aussies tend to gather for a “traditional” Christmas meal based on a northern hemisphere winter Christmas. My family have a predominantly English background so that means a hot meal and lots of baked goods! I don’t care much for the rich cakes and puddings made from dried fruits but I’m very partial to shortbread.

Wherever you are in the world I’d like to wish Tote Bags ’n’ Blogs readers a very Merry Christmas and for those who don’t celebrate a very happy holiday season. And a big thank you to Lee for having me as a regular blogger.


I don’t have a Christmas book out this year but my 2016 Christmas novella Millionaire Under the Mistletoe is still available at e-retailers for just $0.99. 

Harlequin is also offering a festive season boxed set for just $US1.99 at e-retailers that includes my GiftWrapped in Her Wedding Dress which is a Christmas story I really loved writing!



And of course next year you can meet my gorgeous Greek tycoon hero Cristos in my February 2018 release Stranded with Her Greek Tycoon available in the UK and Australia in January and the US in February.




See you all next year!  

 

 Kandy Shepherd is a multi-published, award-winning author of contemporary romance and women’s fiction. She lives on a small farm in the Blue Mountains near Sydney, Australia, with her family and a menagerie of four-legged friends.

Visit Kandy at her website




Connect with Kandy on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram

2 comments:

Laney4 said...

I'll think of you as I take two (homemade, of course) shortbread cookies out of my freezer and gently nibble at them for my treat. Yes, I too love shortbread cookies, and I was amazed a few years ago to realize that they freeze really well AND they are almost instantly okay to eat right away! (Wish I'd realized this 30 years ago, as back then I'd eat and eat and eat them, but now I can limit myself to the two and then go about my day.)
All the best to you and your family, now and always....

Kandy Shepherd said...

You know, Laney, I had no idea you could freeze shortbread cookies. Or cookies of any kind! I knew you could freeze the dough (which I have done) but not the baked cookie. So thank you for that tip!
I'm just trying a new recipe for cranberry and white chocolate cookies. I suspect they will be irresistible so if I can freeze those to get them out of temptation's way I will.
All the best for Christmas and the New Year to you Laney and your family! xx