Pages

Thursday, August 04, 2016

CJ Carmichael: Love and Hope…And A Good Cause

About a year and a half ago I was contacted by a digital publisher from Saskatchewan (the province where I grew up and went to University) and invited to participate in an intriguing project. Joanna D’Angelo from Lachesis Press wondered if I would be willing to contribute a short romantic story to a three book Anthology. Proceeds would be donated to ovarian cancer research.

As I had my own ovarian scare and surgery about thirteen years ago, I felt this was a cause I had to support. So I sent a message to Joanna that I was in! Several months later I was working on a story that we would call Devoted To Her Cowboy. I was on familiar ground, writing a small town rodeo cowboy (Blake Timber) and the strong but sweet local girl (Shelby Turner) he’s never forgotten. The twist was in the subplot as the hero soon discovers that his beloved grandmother is undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer.

For a peek at the creative process behind this story, check out my Pinterest Page. Here you’ll find all the visual elements that inspired Blake and Shelby’s story.


I’ll be joining my publisher and donating all proceeds from this project to Ovarian Cancer Canada. I would be so grateful if you would help this project be a big success. Love and Hope is available for preorder on Amazon, Kobo and Indigo. Please share this news with your reading friends—your help is greatly appreciated in our quest for better treatment and a possible cure for Ovarian Cancer.

Thanks and Happy Reading!

C. J. Carmichael


Keep In Touch: Newsletter, Website, Facebook, Twitter

1 comment:

dstoutholcomb said...

What a wonderful thing to do! I have two friends who are ovarian cancer survivors. My mom's cousin lost his wife to ovarian cancer. Another friend survived only to be killed in a car accident a week after being told she beat it.

denise