Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Shayla Black has an Embrace and a Hold for you!


Thank you so much for inviting me to stop by Tote Bags and Blogs!  I really enjoy all of the interaction with readers here and have been looking forward to my visit!  I am on my way to to a little get-away because I am celebrating the release of two books in a one week period!

On May 29th I FINALLY released the fifth book in the Doomsday Brethren series, “Embrace Me At Dawn!” 

It was a long and arduous journey for everyone including Lucan, Anka and Shock, and there were some BIG surprises for me—and you—as they told me their story. There is death, new life, a new mating, and an epic battle that will make your jaw drop. I’m so thrilled and proud of how this story turned out, so I hope you enjoy it. Here’s the official blurb!

No man will ever define her again.

Anka MacTavish lost everything when Mathias D’Arc captured her, shattered her bond with her mate, and broke both her body and spirit. Determined to heal her bleeding soul, she joins the Doomsday Brethren’s fight to vanquish the evil wizard and seize her revenge. But becoming a magical warrior will require close contact with her former mate, the love who’s never left her heart, Lucan. And she’ll have to explain why she left him and fled to the arms of another lover…

No woman can ever take her place.

Lucan’s world crumbled when Anka escaped Mathias and sought protection from his long-time rival, Shock. Now she has returned, and Lucan must train her to confront a new and terrible danger that threatens magickind. With every punch, blow, and parry, Lucan discovers that Anka isn’t the demure wife he once knew, and his reawakening desire for this woman is a need he can’t control. He vows to do whatever it takes to reclaim her heart and make her his once more. But when the Doomsday Brethren are forced to make an unlikely alliance, it will test Anka’s resolve like never before. To survive, she and Lucan must rely on one another, face their deepest fears…and expose the dark secrets that threaten to destroy everything, including their love.

Chapter one is up on my website for everyone to sample. www.shaylablack.com  It’s on sale at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, All Romance eBooks and Smashwords.  A print version is being worked on right now with a professional typesetter and will be available at the end of June!  I am getting some terrific feedback about the many surprises and I couldn’t be more thrilled.

ON the Wicked Lovers front,- MINE TO HOLD hits the shelves June 5th!!! I’m so excited the day has finally arrived, and Tyler and Delaney’s story will finally be in your hands! The advance reviews have been great, and I’m thrilled that everyone who’s been able to get an advance read has enjoyed the story.

4 ½  stars "Black does an amazing job adding passion and intensity to every page. The storyline is part mystery and part erotica and will leave readers yearning for more." ~ RT Book Reviews

4 ½ stars – “…Fast-paced and emotionally sexy story. It will pull you in and have you turning the page for more because the action is so hot you can't get enough.” ~ Affaire de Coeur

“In my opinion, this is the best Wicked [Lovers] book yet. Mine to Hold is a great addition to the series and a must read.” ~ Guilty Pleasures

Writing this story was a huge thrill for me. I loved getting to spend time with Tyler, see more about what made him tick, and meet the woman who finally captured his heart.

A friend’s duty.

Tyler Murphy was an LAPD detective, single and happy—until a near-fatal tragedy crippled his friend, fellow detective Eric Catalano. While he supported Eric, he also became a shoulder for Eric’s wife, Delaney, to lean on. But with one naughty suggestion from Eric, a drunken night with Delaney spilled into erotic abandon. Before it was over Tyler saw his best friend’s wife as a woman and yearned for more. When Eric struggled to deal with the aftermath, Delaney begged Tyler to leave. Crushed, he fled to Louisiana, hoping to escape his longing for the one woman he could never have again…and unaware of what he’d left behind.

A lover’s desire.

After two years of living with regret, Tyler finds Delaney on his doorstep, her husband having abandoned her long ago. She’s protecting a shocking secret and desperately needs refuge from a killer determined to see her dead. As they fight to stay alive and catch the stalker, they struggle to resolve the guilt of their past pleasures. But they can’t deny that what was once a spark is now a flame burning out of control. To possess Delaney—body and soul—Tyler must heal her pain and thwart the evil that’s a mere breath behind her…

Reach chapter one on my website if you haven’t had a chance to take a peak yet.

Additionally, most of the Wicked Lovers books are now available for download to your Kindle at Amazon.co.uk. Search for Shayla Black, and you’ll find them! The titles that haven’t been loaded yet will be very soon, I’m told.

Wicked Lovers come to audio books! Tantor has released WICKED TIES and DECADENT on audio! They are available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble in both CD and MP3 formats. Links available from my website!

And now,  I am taking off on my vacation! Thank you so much for letting me visit! I will check in here daily and try to answer questions if there are any. I will be hard at work re-releasing another backlist historical, STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. In my “spare time,” I’ll be working with Lexi Blake to release the third book in the Virgin Series, THEIR VIRGIN CONCUBINE. And I am also finishing up the next Wicked Lovers book “Ours TO Love” featuring Xander, and then of course another Doomsday Brethren.  Which of the Brethren do you think I should focus on next? Hmm.

4 comments:

*yadkny* said...

CONGRATS Shayla on the success and recent releases! The story sounds incredible and I am seriously debating on putting off my TBR pile to pick these up... do they need to be read in a certain order?

Eli Yanti said...

congrats on the release Shayla, looking forward to read your book :)

Chrisbails said...

Congrats on the new release. Shayla is a new author and would love to win and read this book. Thanks for the giveaway.
Christinebails@yahoo.com

Denise Z said...

Congratulations on the new release. I am a little late to the party and will be hopping over to check out the series :)
dz59001[at]gmail[dot]com