Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Enemies at the Altar- Melanie Milburne


Have you ever hated someone only to change your mind about them later? Or loved them passionately only to end up positively loathing them? How close to hate is love? Are they really two sides of the same coin?

Socrates said: “From the deepest desires often comes the deadliest hate.”

That’s exactly the starting point for my upcoming Presents release- Enemies at the Altar. Andreas Ferrante and Sienna Baker are archenemies. They positively loathe each other. For years they have assiduously avoided any contact but on Andreas’s father’s death he is outraged to find he must marry Sienna in order to secure his inheritance.

Sienna is the wild child daughter of the housekeeper who destroyed his parent’s marriage. Andreas can think of no one on the planet he would like to marry less! But marry her he must, otherwise he stands to lose what is rightfully his.

Sienna is equally outraged. As far as she is concerned Andreas is a spoilt, filthy rich playboy who has serious control issues. But if she agrees to marry him, at the end of six months she will receive a massive payout.

Tempting? You bet.

And so begins a battle of wills between two polar opposites. I can’t think of a book I’ve enjoyed writing more than this one. Andreas and Sienna were alive to me from the moment I put my fingers on the keyboard. They were vibrant and witty, determined and passionate all the way to the end. I was smiling as I wrote the last scene where Andreas comes storming down a deserted windswept beach in order to tell Sienna he loved her. He was shouting all the way!

This quote from French writer Marcel Jouhandeau sums up perfectly the heart of Andreas and Sienna’s story:  “To really know someone is to have loved and hated them in turn.”

I hope you enjoy Enemies at the Altar which is the sister book to Deserving of His Diamonds.

Warmest wishes,
 Melanie Milburne

8 comments:

Desere said...

Nice post Melanie,

I am reading this now and I love it so far!

Romance Reader said...

Oh! I would love to read this book!

Riya

Pat Cochran said...

This book sounds great and I have plans to read
both books. I have added them to my TBR list. I
am puzzled though, both females on the covers
appear to look quite a bit alike! Same model?

Melanie Milburne said...

Hi Pat, they are identical twins. That's the link between the two books. I hope you enjoy them.

Melanie Milburne said...

Hi Desere,
I hope you enjoy the rest!

Melanie Milburne said...

Hi Romance Reader! Thanks for dropping by.

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

Hey... great post.. thanks!

Melanie Milburne said...

Thanks for popping in!