Pages

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Inspired by Greece - Kandy Shepherd

ConvenientlyWed to the Greek left me feeling like I had visited Greece,” one reader told me after she’d read my May release from Harlequin Romance.

Her words pleased me. I only visited Greece for the first time in 2015 and I absolutely loved it. I knew I wanted to set a story there, in particular the islands of the Ionian Sea. This is the one.



I’m sharing photos of some of the places I saw that inspired settings in the book. The story is an enemies to lovers, marriage of convenience between food blogger Dell Hudson and hospitality tycoon Alex Mikhalis. 

Their romance is played out on the Ionian Islands in the north of Greece. Think limestone cliffs and the most beautiful sea ranging though shades of turquoise and aqua to navy blue.



Dell and Alex share their first kiss while visiting the Acropolis in Athens. As they are walking up the Parthenon, Dell sees her fist site of the ancient buildings. 



I visited these islands on an amazing swim with The Big Blue adventure swim trip group. Highly recommended! Some of the islands we swam around were inspiration for the fictional islands I created for the book, including Alex’s private island in the book.



We ate at wonderful local tavernas, which were again inspiration for the tavernas owned by Alex’s Greek family.



I loved swimming in the Greek Islands so much I went back again the next year. And I loved the fictional world I created for Alex and Dell that my next book is set there too (stay tuned for details in further blogs.)

Conveniently Wed to the Greekis a May 2017 release from Harlequin Romance in North America; Mills & BoonCherish in the UK; and Mill & Boon Forever Romance in Australia and New Zealand.


Kandy Shepherd is a multi-published, award-winning author of contemporary romance and women’s fiction. She lives on a small farm in the Blue Mountains near Sydney, Australia, with her family and a menagerie of four-legged friends.

Visit Kandy at her website



Connect with Kandy on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram







2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

looks like a wonderful visit

denise

Kandy Shepherd said...

Thank you Denise, it was indeed. I keep revisiting it as I write my books! Am hoping to return next year.