Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

Starting Over by Jenny Gardiner

I decided it was time to spin off my It's Reigning Men series, which coincided with an extra book deadline (I'd added another book with one of my editors, which I thought I had time for but then realized I was going to have to really bust my butt to get done in time). I'd set up the spin-off in A Court Gesture, so I thought it would be totally easy to just go from there. Ha! I clearly had forgotten how long it took me to get into the groove with the It's Reigning Men series. As a reader I am sometimes dismayed when I start a book in the series, love it  madly, then read subsequent books in the series and am frustrated by how awful they are. But I was really glad with this series that I think the books improved as I continued the story, got deeper into the world and the people in the world.

So with a new series, well, guess what? That's a whole new world, and all new people, even if they are linked somewhat. So Red Hot Romeo, book one of The Royal Romeo series (set at a magnificent vineyard in Tuscany) did not come easy. Aside from just trying to encourage that story to come out of my imagination, there was the huge amount of research I had to undertake as well. It was the first book I was a week late getting to my editor, but hey, I got it there! Finally! And I love the story. It was a good lesson in hunkering down, staying up late, and just getting it done. I hope you'll have a chance to check it out and if you do please let me know what you think!



Have a great rest of the summer!


For a limited time I've got an awesome free book for you if you sign up for my newsletter: Something in the Heir, book 1 of the It's Reigning Men series! Sign up here  and you'll be first to hear about deals and giveaways.
    
Subscribe to my newsletter     find me on Facebook
find me on Twitter                    my website

No comments: