Pages

Thursday, April 02, 2020

No Waffle House! By Susan Sands

My how the world has changed since my last post! Did we ever imagine we'd be on almost total
Photo Credit: AP
lockdown in our homes? Unable to get toilet paper or paper towels? Told we can't go to our favorite restaurant or catch a movie on the big screen? Or GO TO WAFFLE HOUSE?

Waffle House never ever closes. But they are shut tight now. The term "social distancing" hadn't crossed my ears until recently. I wonder if I have COVID-19? I wonder if you do? Maybe we already did and don't know it. Those are the questions that run through my mind. I haven't let my own mother in the house in over two weeks. For her own good. For our own good. She doesn't stay home. We are all careful if we have to run the dreaded errand, but mostly we order our groceries delivered. But what about those poor delivery shoppers? Do they have it?

This is frightening and the complete unknown. The health aspects of it for the country and for our mothers, and for everyone. And the ruination financially at our age. We already went through it in 2008. It has been an uphill climb to recover ever since. We aren't young either. We have two kids in college. The market is crashing. Our savings is at risk as is the health of our nation.

I know that my concerns are everyone's concerns. Except that we won't starve to death. Some people will. We have great health insurance as long as we can afford to pay the crazy-high premiums. Some people don't. So, pardon my slightly freaked-out post. It's a freaky time.

I'm praying next month's post will contain great news and great hope for a flatter curve and new cures and vaccines. And small business relief for dentists.

Stay safe and healthy!!

Susan

4 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

Best wishes for you and your family.

denise

Susan Sands said...

Thanks! You too, Denise!

Unknown said...

Just remember - breathe! This will pass, possibly with a new normal, but we'll survive. We are a tough bunch!! We just need our occasional dose of Waffle House....
Good thoughts to you and your family,
Julie

Susan Sands said...

Thanks, Julie!! You are so right. Best to you and yours!