Pages

Friday, August 02, 2019

Back to Normal Life by Susan Sands

I hope you all are managing to stay cool with the heat waves that are passing through the country.
Today is unseasonable cool here in Georgia and I'm enjoying it immensely. I've just returned from New York City and the annual Romance Writers of America National Conference. What a whirlwind that was!

I finally met my agent, Erin Niumata, who is a senior vice president at Folio Literary Management in Manhattan, but works and lives in London. She and I were able to put our heads together and work out some ideas for submissions and other fun things we've got cooking.

New York city was wild and crazy as usual. The conference is set in the middle of Times Square across from Junior's. Which, if anyone cares, has the best cheesecake I've had. But I live in Georgia, so there might be better, but I haven't had it.

I attended the Broadway musical, Frozen  while there. I'm always amazed how true to the animated Disney movies the stage shows manage to perform live. The music, the performers, and the costumes and stage props are incredible!!

And as always, RWA did not disappoint. The hotel did an excellent job handling the many and varied needs of such a large group. Author panels, award ceremonies, meetings, and every kind of craft presentation imaginable were offered by seasoned professionals in the industry. The only way to not learn something new and valuable was to not attend.

I returned to both my children moving out of apartments, and I was pressed into service immediately upon touching down. It wasn't a glamorous week once I returned, let me tell you. Driving a cargo van and moving things in and out of storage brought me right back down to the nitty gritty of my normal life. And, as always, there is laundry...

Enjoy the last bit of summer, though it is bound to be hot around here for at least another six weeks or more.

Best,

Susan



4 comments:

Patricia Bennett Barber said...

Sorry I missed the RWA this year. Saving now for the one in Tennessee. See you then :)

dstoutholcomb said...

Enjoy the rest of summer!

denise

Susan Sands said...

Awesome!! I hope to see you there, Patricia!!

Susan Sands said...

You too, Denise!!