Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2019

My kids are not as funny as they think.

The Makeover
My kids are not as funny as they think.

I do not have a chicken collection. A certain daughter thinks I do and has infected her siblings. So I have an ever-growing chicken population in the house. A reader even sent me the cutest chicken bowl a few weeks back...it was adorable. But I do not have a chicken collection. 

So when this certain person gave me two new chicken books, and I sighed. Because I do not have a chicken collection. But then I read them. I was hooked.  For years, I was the kindergarten story lady, like Pip in Carry Her Heart.  I love children's literature. Love it!  Still, I do not have a chicken collection.

Check out Interrupting Chicken. You'll be as hooked as I am.

Holly

PS I do not have a chicken collection.

PPS I do have a new book, The Makeover. And the main animal in the story isn't poultry...it's cattle.

4 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

enjoy your non-chicken chicken collection

denise

Laney4 said...

I think you are balk, balk, balking too much - or is that clucking too much, LOL!
Funny story. Thanks for sharing.
And good luck with The Makeover. I hear it's a moooooving story!

HollyJacobs said...

Denise, I put my foot down...but no one listens to my foot! LOL

HollyJacobs said...

Laney, LOL I love it! But don't tell the kids. I don't want them Mooooving me from chickens to cows!