Pages

Friday, February 23, 2018

Building a Continuity...On the Beach ~ @AuthorKristina Knight

Courtesy: Kristina Knight
I've always had a love affair with the ocean. I think it comes from being land-locked most of my life. During the summer months, my parents would pack up the family van and we'd go from being land-locked Midwesterners to visiting my great-grandmother and the rest of the family in coastal North Carolina...and usually take several days to visit the Outer Banks.

I would imagine, as soon as we crossed the North Carolina state line that I could smell the ocean and hear the crashing of the waves. I could never wait to sink my toes into the sand and I didn't even mind (too much) the sunburn that always came because I never wanted to go back to the little house behind the sand dunes.

As an adult, I still have a love affair with the beach. I still love the smell of the sea, the sound of the surf...and every chance I get, I'm heading south, looking for long stretch of beach and the hot sun.

Last winter, while I was bemoaning the fact that I was stuck inside because of yet another snow storm, I was rescued by the beach once more. Only this time, I was swept away by a beach-side romance. A trio of them, actually. My good friend, Elley Arden asked me to be part of the Sullivan's Sons continuity. It's a set of three books, following three brothers as they navigate a family secret, tabloid press, and (of course) love. While the snow kept falling, I lost myself in pictures and maps of the real-world Anna Maria Island, where we set the books.

It's been a pleasure being part of this series, and I hope you readers enjoy the books as much as we enjoyed writing them!

Buy Home on Anna Maria Island: Gavin Sullivan, an out-of-shape third baseman for the Pittsburgh Privateers, pursues a beautiful up-and-coming curve model as a distraction from recent stress in his family life. Emerson Raye isn’t interested in a relationship, but she wouldn’t mind capitalizing on the publicity that goes along with dating a professional athlete. Right off the bat, Gavin and Emerson’s budding relationship prompts a media frenzy, but harsh criticism about their weight follows. It might not seem like the best environment for love, but facing the adversity and learning to laugh through the storm brings Gavin and Emerson together in a seemingly inevitable way … until secrets revealed threaten to tear them apart.

Buy Lost on Anna Maria Island: Florida Warriors star defensive end, Colby Sullivan, is the best in the business, but since his parents dropped the news that he has a biological twin sister, he’s been on his heels. He feels like he’s in the middle of a cover defense with no one backing him on the strong side. A flirtation with the girl next door is the perfect distraction, but all too soon she’s way past his defenses and heading for a touchdown that his heart just isn’t ready for.

Madalyn Hunter understands football, cover defenses, and option offenses, but dealing with sneaky paparazzi, her sister’s obsession with the perfect wedding, and Colby’s not-friend-like kisses has her ready to throw a Hail Mary. It’s fourth and goal with love on the line, but can Madalyn teach this star defender that the best way to protect his heart is to give it to her?

Buy Found on Anna Maria Island: Hockey star Lucas Sullivan’s world is rocked by the news of a long-
lost sister, and his play takes a hard check right in the middle of playoffs. Luckily, the new surf instructor on Anna Maria Island has a willing ear, a supportive shoulder, and a pretty spectacular everything else.

Skylar Avery arrives on Anna Maria with a secret. She’s not just the newest addition to the Surf Shack. Her adopted sister Scarlet is the missing daughter the Sullivans are searching for. She gets to know Luc as a means to know the rest of the family and decide if they’re good enough for Scarlet. Falling for the handsome hockey player wasn’t in the plan. Coming clean would mean ruining everything. Can real love make up for well-meaning lies?


Kristina Knight is a contemporary romance author, part-time swim-kid wrangler, and full-time Thin Mints enthusiast. You can find out more the book and Kristina on her website, and feel free to stalk follow her on FacebookTwitter or Instagram

1 comment:

dstoutholcomb said...

I love the beach, too

denise