Pages

Monday, June 09, 2014

Matters of the heart – Kandy Shepherd



 As a romance writer, I enjoy spending time with my daughter and her early-twenties friends. Falling in love and the emotional ups and downs of dating are, I believe, timeless. But contemporary life can bring different slants on matters of the heart and I like to keep in touch. Luckily the girls have no inhibitions about chatting with me!

The other night we were talking about unrequited crushes.
“What about when you’ve had a crush on someone for years and years and finally something happens between you and the guy?” I asked.
“Never ends well,” said one girl.
“Usually a disappointment,” added another.

So I told them about my new book for Harlequin Romance The Tycoon and the Wedding Planner (out on July 1.) We met Kate Parker in my first Harlequin Romance story The Summer They Never Forgot and knew she’d had a huge crush on Jesse (the hero from the first book’s brother) ever since she’d been a teenager.



When the new book starts, Kate is reeling: she finally got to kiss Jesse and felt nothing, absolutely nothing. She’s now left feeling embarrassed being around Jesse and doubting her judgment about men. So what happens when Jesse’s friend, gorgeous Sam Lancaster, arrives in Dolphin Bay to attend the wedding Kate is organizing and Kate finds herself attracted to him? Sam is drawn to Kate too, but both Kate and Sam have secrets that threaten to stop them from ever getting the happy-ever-after they deserve.

Of course the girls went home with advance copies of The Tycoon and the Wedding Planner…

Kate is organizing a special wedding in the book and she wants everything to go right. Do you have a wedding story to share—when things went well or things went wrong? I’d love to hear about it!
I’m giving away two signed copies of The Tycoon and the Wedding Planner. To be in the draw, please include your snail mail address in your comment.
 
Kandy’s second Dolphin Bay story for Harlequin Romance, The Tycoon and The Wedding Planner will be released on July 1, 2014.



Kandy Shepherd is an award-winning author of contemporary romance and women’s fiction. She lives on a small farm in the Blue Mountains near Sydney, Australia, with her family and a menagerie of four-legged friends.


Visit Kandy at her website
www.kandyshepherd.com  and connect with her on Facebook and Twitter


7 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

Kandy, it's interesting seeing how little changes between the generations in the essentials, isn't it? That Time Goes By song had it so right! So looking forward to reading THE TYCOON AND THE WEDDING PLANNER. I absolutely adored THE SUMMER THEY NEVER FORGOT!

dstoutholcomb said...

my wedding went right

Keziah Hill said...

It's fabulous!

Kandy Shepherd said...

It's so true isn't it Anna? The same joys, the same heartaches. It doesn't change!
Thanks for your kind words about THE SUMMER THEY NEVER FORGOT, I hope you enjoy a trip back to Dolphin Bay for THE TYCOON AND THE WEDDING PLANNER.

Kandy Shepherd said...

Glad to hear all went well!

Kandy Shepherd said...

Thank you Keziah!

Laney4 said...

Mine went well too, although I was a little flummoxed when the best man was having people give their speeches and then turned to me for my speech - when I wasn't supposed to give one! Even though I was a very quiet 22-year-old at the time (boy, have times changed), I stood up and thanked the guests (especially my sister 2000+ miles away) for sharing the day with us, whether they lived near or far. I trembled and turned bright red, but I got through it.
seytype at hotmail dot com