Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Re-entering Reality by Fiona Lowe

I've just got back fro 19 days in France! C'est tres fantastique! You have to hand it to the French; they have style and, man, can they cook! From the top end restaurants in Paris to the small family-run brasseries in the provinces, the food was phenomenal. I have waddled home, sadly to my own cooking!

Re-entering real life post vacation is always a challenge. We travelled light so the bags are unpacked and the laundry is under control but my brain is still in France. Here are a few of the photos so you understand.

The Canal du Midi between Castlenaudary & Carrcassonne

Cookies & Chocolates in Montemarte
Saint Cecile Cathedrral in Albi..the Cathars Crusade

Renaissance buildings in Albi 
Chaud Chocolat in style!



I could go on (my husband took 1300 photos in 19 days) but I'll stop! As you can imagine, my mind keeps wandering back to these adventures rather than the prosaic of real life!  However, I am a person for looking forward, not backwards and November is coming. My eldest son is returning home from university/college next week and November means books are being released!


My next Harlequin medical romance is out on November 1st! This is the third book in the Gold Coast Angel's series and I
had a lot of angst as well as fun writing Bundle of Trouble. Married to his long time girlfriend and dad to baby Amber, Luke Stanley was at the top of his field as a plastic surgeon. Life was good and he never expected it to change in a heartbeat. But life can do that to you and suddenly,  Luke's adrift and it's only his daughter that is keeping him going. 

Writing about grief is emotionally draining but the flip side to it is giving people hope. Not just my characters but perhaps readers who are struggling. I hope you enjoy Luke and Chloe's story as they both learn life can give you second chances at happiness if you're open to taking the risk. Set on the beautiful Gold Coast in Queenland, Australia, it's filled with sun-drenched beaches and glorious, lush rainforests. It's available at Harlequin and all other eBook retailers.


For those of you looking for a short-story, the perfect length before turning out the light, then On The Road Again is just the thing. It's a reunion story. Can two people forgive and move beyond past hurts? Set on a 9 day cycling vacation (yes, I used the ride as inspiration) it also features a hot doc, a high-powered motor cycle and lots of fun.
You can grab it at Smashwords and Amazon and soon all other ebook retailers.

Of course I have a my Wedding Fever trilogy for fun and laughs and the occasional tears in Saved By The Bride and Picture Perfect Wedding. It's the perfect time to grab them in preparation for the final book, Runaway Groom which is out in January!

Meanwhile, anyone been to France? I'd love to hear your favourite French stories to help me ease into real life again!


Fiona Lowe is a RITA® and R*BY award-winning, multi-published author with Harlequin and Carina Press. Whether her books are set in outback Australia or in the mid-west of the USA, they feature small towns with big hearts, and warm, likeable characters that make you fall in love. When she's not writing stories, she's a weekend wife, mother of two 'ginger' teenage boys, guardian of 80 rose bushes and often found collapsed on the couch with wine. You can find her at herwebsitefacebookTwitter and Goodreads.

7 comments:

Mary Preston said...

Beautiful pictures thank you. I haven't been to France, but you have re-kindled the dream.

Connie said...

Lucky, lucky you, Fiona! I lived in Paris for six years and I miss it every day. I’m so glad you got to Montmartre. It has really been modernized since I was there. Thank you ever so much for sharing your beautiful pictures and bringing back wonderful memories for me!

Fiona Lowe said...

You're welcome, Mary! I he you get there one day.

Fiona Lowe said...

Connie, how wonderful to have lived in Paris. I spent eight weeks in the south many years ago so it was lovely to go back.

Pat Cochran said...

Lovely photographs, Fiona! 1300 in 19 days! WOW!
Have always enjoyed second chance stories, I've
added these books to my TBR list!

Pat C.

Fiona Lowe said...

Pat, the weather was overcast most of the time so I hate to think how many he would have taken had it been sunny!!! Thanks so much for buying the books. M'wah!

Eli Yanti said...

Beautiful Pic :)