Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Brilliant Brenda Novak Auction!

by Anna Campbell

May has become a really significant month in Romancelandia. And not just because it's spring in the Northern Hemisphere, the season when minds traditionally turn to love.

May is also the month when NYT bestseller Brenda Novak holds her wonderful auction to raise money to help find a cure for juvenile diabetes. Here's a link to the auction's home page: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/

Brenda is an amazing example of the power of one. I'm in awe of what she's achieved just through hard work and vision. So far, she's raised over $1.6 million for her cause and this year, she hopes to break the $2 million mark. More power to her right arm, I say! 

Every year, the whole romance community rallies behind this marvelous cause. There are gift baskets and trips and treats galore, and appropriate for a writer's auction, there are critiques and marketing packages and educational opportunities. Not to mention more signed books than you can poke a stick at! How can you resist?

I thought today I'd point you in the direction of my offerings - along with encouraging you to explore the site and discover what other delicious items are up for grabs.

First up, for writers, I'm offering a detailed critique of three chapters and a synopsis of an unpublished romance novel. I've done this every year and I've met some amazingly talented writers as a result, many of whom have gone on to stellar careers (names would be revealing too much but can I say NYT bestsellers?).  Here's the link for my critique if you'd like to bid: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2841432

For readers, I've got three packs of signed books for your delectation:

THE RAKES AND ROGUES DUO - signed mass market paperbacks of SEVEN NIGHTS IN A ROGUE'S BED and MIDNIGHT'S WILD PASSION http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2841434

THE COURTESAN COLLECTION - signed mass market paperbacks of CLAIMING THE COURTESAN, TEMPT THE DEVIL and MY RECKLESS SURRENDER http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2841435

THE HUNKS AND HEROES TRIO - signed mass market paperbacks of UNTOUCHED, CAPTIVE OF SIN and MIDNIGHT'S WILD PASSION http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2841433

I'm also part of the wonderful Romance Bandits basket which includes goodies from all my blog sisters: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2961814

And if you're an aspiring writer, don't miss out on the critique of a partial from my wonderful crit partner, USA Today bestseller Annie West: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2864988 Annie is a Tote Bags 'n' Blogs regular and her latest release is the fabulous CAPTIVE IN THE SPOTLIGHT.

I find Brenda so inspiring. So now I'd like to know who you find inspiring and why. 

And don't forget to check out the auction!

5 comments:

Dina said...

I love Brenda's auction and all who donate to help her. Anyone who helps someone or something from the heart inspires me :)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'm with you, Anna -- everyone can have an impact, and people like Brenda Novak not only break new ground by starting up something amazing like this annual online auction, but she gives people a chance to do something through the auction. Her gift towards diabetes research is also a gift for everyone who donates, because it gives them a way to help.

Your donated items are very tempting! Our RWA chapter has donated something this year for the first time -- a Kobo mini e-reader loaded with our e-books:

http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2967639

Good luck with your bids, Anna!

Anna Campbell said...

Dina, the auction's a real highlight of my year too. And what a lovely take on people who inspire you!

Anna Campbell said...

Julia, wow, that's a great prize from your chapter. Actually I've noticed a few people have taken up this great idea of the e-reader loaded with books. There's a wonderful one from the Harlequin Kiss authors too, including the fabulous Liz Fielding who's one of my favorite writers and RITA nominee Fiona Harper: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2961543

You're so right about it being a privilege to contribute to Brenda's auction!

Pat Cochran said...

For me it has been parents, grandparents,
uncles, and aunts. I've also been inspired
by those family members who have served in
the military on behalf of our country.Since
1941, the total is 25 uncles, cousins,
nephews and 1 niece!

BTW, I have followed Brenda's auction since
2006, or was it 2007? I think I'll go check
my watch list!!

Pat C.