Pages

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Baby, I'll Find You by Jennifer Skully

It’s been a long, long time since Jennifer Skully, my alter ego, has seen the light of day. I’ve kept her locked away so I, Jasmine Haynes, could do all the writing! But this summer, I let her out of the closet so she can tell you about her new book. And here’s what she has to say!

My favorite characters to write are elderly people. The older generation just has so much knowledge, and they’re pretty darn hysterical. In my Max Starr Series, I introduce readers to my hero Witt’s mother, Ladybird Long. She is so much like my mother that Mom would kill me if she knew! But that’s why the series is laugh out loud (in addition to being poignant, sexy, and mysterious), because of my mom and Ladybird Long. In Baby, I'll Find You, Isadora Winters is my favorite secondary character. Okay, I liked Frank a lot, too, because of his love for Ruby, but Isadora still makes me laugh harder. She came into being as, thanks to a PBS fundraising weekend, I watched Tom Jones sing “Delilah” on the Ed Sullivan Show. Here’s a YouTube video for it. I’m sure you can see why Isadora went wild for Tom. He’s a major hunk, and he made me quite sweaty, too! The Scrabble group Isadora belongs to came to me as I was playing Scrabble with my mother and my aunt, two prim and proper English ladies. They changed all the rules on me! And they looked words up in the dictionary before they played them! That’s just wrong! Of course, they didn’t use any of the words Isadora and her friends used (which are naughty, I’ll warn you!), but by the end of that Scrabble game, we were all laughing so hard, we had tears streaming down our cheeks. I hope you’ll want to read the book to find out about the Scrabble game and learn more about Frank and his Ruby.

Here’s the brief blurb for the book! And thanks to Rosemary Gunn for the fabulous cover. Don’t you just love it!

Baby, I'll Find You
Copyright 2011 Jennifer Skully

Jami Baylor has lost her job, her fiancé, her hopes, and her dreams all on the same day. But she believes in fate and destiny, and after finding Colton Amory’s CD in a thrift store grab bag, Jami knows it’s serendipity that she’s heard his song now. “Baby I’ll Find You” speaks to her heart, right when she needs it most. So, off she goes to the wilds of Yosemite to discover why Colton Amory hasn’t written another song in seven years.

The only problem? The man who wrote such beautiful music turns out to be a self-pitying jerk. Or so it seems, until Jami digs deeper.

Seven years ago, Cole Amory had a flourishing musical career and a little girl who was his pride and joy. In one split second, he lost it all. He hasn’t written a lyric or played a note since. Buried in a small Yosemite town, he’s now a fry cook at a fast-food joint. And he doesn’t need a woman with stars in her eyes opening all his old wounds and guilt.

Can two people with nothing left to lose find it all?

To read the excerpt, stop by my Jennifer Skully website! The e-book is available on Kindle, Nook, Smashwords, and the Apple ibookstore. The print-on-demand version will be coming. You can earn a free book, too! Learn how at the end of the e-book!

I hope you enjoyed hearing from my alter ego Jennifer Skully. And here’s a little news from me! I’m doing another free erotic read on the blog, a chapter every week. This time it’s Beauty or the Bitch, so if you haven’t read that one, I invite everyone to come to read it for free! www.jasminehaynes.blogspot.com.

7 comments:

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Happy Holiday weekend!

Michele L. said...

Happy Labor Day to you Jasmine! Anyway, woohoo! I love your books! I am so happy to hear, Jennifer, that you wrote a new book! I absolutely adore your books and I love the cover too! I can't wait...when is it coming out? Don't keep me in suspense here! LOL! These are my favorites of yours! Ok, your excerpt is really teasing me. I have to know more! Anymore info about this new book?

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Hi, Michele, so good to hear from you! The book is available in ebook now (the buy links are in the blog at the bottom). I am working on the print-on-demand version, but it is not ready yet. I'm not sure whether you have an e-reader or not. And you can read the excerpt at www.jenniferskully.com!

Michele L. said...

Thanks Jasmine!
Heading over to jenniferskully.com right now! No, sadly I don't have an e-reader.:-(

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

I will be putting the book out in POD format, Michele. I'll let you know when it's ready!

Michele L. said...

Woohoo! Thanks Jasmine!

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

My pleasure! Thanks for your excitement!