Yes, it’s that time of year, when we have to check names off the naughty and nice list—and when it comes time to find presents for our supernatural friends, it gets all the harder to find just the right gift. Etiquette is everything. One doesn’t rush out and buy Vlad a garlic press or suggest hot rollers for the werewolf in your life.
But what happens when Santa Claws reciprocates and brings you a gift? And what if that present is an adorable hellhound puppy? Regifting just isn’t an option, and refusal might just be the difference between being a dinner guest and—well, you get the picture.
Don’t despair. Yes, generally, hellhounds are considered hard to adopt. The glowing red eyes tend to put some people off, especially families with small children. However, the breed has many hidden charms. Here are five excellent reasons to consider accepting that hellhound with a big smile on your face:
1. Hellhounds have well-developed mechanical abilities. He can fix the car and chase it.
2. They love being physically active, and will help you get in shape, too. There are potential problems with some sports, however. The tennis courts, with all those flying and bouncing balls, can confuse his instincts. If you want your partner to actually hit the ball with a racquet, take someone else.
3. The hellhound male looks even better in denim and leather than fur. The ones doing the drooling will be every female for blocks around.
4. They’re faithful, loyal, and always know when you’re feeling down. Plus, you actually CAN send him to obedience class.
5. Who else will bring you his leash, plus some naughty suggestions on how to use it?
So, if you find a canine surprise under the tree, you might just want to count your blessings. Or get your jingle on. Just imagine a hot guy with all the protective loyalty of a devoted canine, add a dash of demon wickedness, and you’ve got the picture. For a closer look, check out Frostbound: the Dark Forgotten.
As a snowstorm locks down the city, more than the roads are getting iced. Someone's beheaded the wrong girl, and vampire-on-the-lam Talia Rostova thinks it was meant to be her. Now she's the prime suspect in her own botched murder—and the prisoner of her smoking-hot neighbor.
Lore is a hellhound, bred to serve and protect, so he's not freeing Talia until he's sure that she's the prey and not the hunter. You'd think a beautiful woman in his bedroom would be a good thing, but trouble-prone Talia has run afoul of someone more sinister than your average lunatic killer. An ancient Undead is wreaking vengeance on the city—and on her—and Lore will have to go far beyond a stake to put him back in his grave . . .
Visit my website at www.SharonAshwood.com to see the whole series!