Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Katie Reus: Primal Possession


Thank you so much to Lee for having me here today!

People often ask me questions about my writing process including how I come up with character names or I how I keep everything straight in a series. Coming up with character names is one of my favorite things to do in the writing process. I have a couple baby books I’ll browse and there are three or four baby naming websites I like to check out for inspiration. Usually I know my character’s heritage so if they’re Irish, Greek, Native American, Jamaican, etc. it’s much easier to narrow down names and their meanings as there are also genealogy sites I can utilize.

In my Moon Shifter series the Cordona females in the pack are all originally from Spain. Most were actually born there, but some of them were born in the States. So when picking names I took into account their heritage, which is very important to their pack. It was a lot of fun naming so many people and after a while I realized I needed to create something to keep track of things. So, I created my ‘character keeper’. It helps me stay organized and keep track of who’s mated/married to whom, names of parents, siblings, children, and what the individual looks like in human and wolf form, etc. Right now I’m working on the fourth book in the series and I’m afraid I would have gone mad a long time ago without my ‘bible’ to keep me on track.

I hope you enjoyed reading a little about what goes on during my writing process! Do you know what the meaning of your name is? If so please share and be entered to win a print copy of Primal Possession (US only), the second book in my Moon Shifter series. If you’d just like to leave a comment, that works too, you’ll still be entered. The contest will remain open until Thursday, August 27th at midnight Central.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


To protect her, he will unleash the beast within…

As his pack’s second-in-command, lupine shifter Liam Armstrong gives orders and takes what he wants—until he meets red-headed, blue-eyed December McIntyre. Liam knows the human beauty is his intended mate the moment he sees her, but December is far too strong-willed to accept his protection.

December, whose brother is the town sheriff, has every reason to mistrust shifters after one killed her youngest sibling. But the forceful and handsome Liam has gotten under her skin in a way she hadn’t thought possible, and the desire she feels for him is almost too much to bear.

When a radical hate group targets all humans known to sympathize with paranormal beings, December is attacked in her bookstore. Reluctantly, she turns to the only one who can help her: Liam. And he is going to take her to places within herself she never knew existed.


A little about Katie: I’ve been reading romance since a young age—ever since I discovered my mom’s hidden stash. Luckily the addiction stayed with me into adulthood. I write paranormal romance and sexy romantic suspense for Carina Press, Harlequin Nocturne, and NAL/Signet Eclipse. To learn more about me please visit my website, my blog, facebook or find me on twitter @katiereus.

***Katie's winner is BarbaraE!  Please email totebag@authorsoundrelations.com with your mailing info!***

7 comments:

sheryl said...

My name is English in origin and is a derivative of the name Cherry, like the fruit!

Linda Henderson said...

My name is Linda and I think it means pretty one but I'm not sure what the English meaning is. I believe this one is the Spanish meaning.

Pat Cochran said...

Thanks for the information on your
character naming process! My first
name "Patricia" is Spanish in ori-
gination and my middle name "Ann"
originated in England

Pat C.

Pat Cochran said...

Forgot to include meanings! Patricia means
"noble" and Ann is "graceful." I guess that
means that I am nobly graceful"! LOL.

Katie Reus said...

Thanks so much for sharing, ladies! And thanks again to Lee for having me here :)

Barbara E. said...

The meaning of my name, Barbara, is mysterious stranger, or barbarian. I've always thought that was kind of cool, even though it was a pretty common name when I was growing up.

*yadkny* said...

I heard somewhere that my name is Hebrew but I can't remember what the meaning was.

yadkny@hotmail.com