Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Year in the Life of an Author: May

In my continuing look at a working author's life, month by month, I'd have to call May that Perfect Storm sort of month. Everything starts coming due at once.

I have book that is due.
A book about to arrive in the stores.
A new website going up.
A book tour to start planning for. (Tulsa, Chicago and Dallas, anyone?)
Everyone wants you to write up a blog about the new book.

And then, when you get up early to write the one blog you did promise to write (this one!), you get it nearly done, forget to save it, and accidentally navigate away from it in search for a link and lose the entire blog.

Yeah, like I said, the Perfect Storm.

Luckily, I love what I do. I know the book will get done. The new website is up. And when I go on tour for the next two weeks I will have some long stretches of uninterrupted time to finish up my book. 

Best of all, today is May 29th. My 19th wedding anniversary and the day my 19th book, Along Came A Duke, arrives in stores. 19 books?! How the heck did that happen.

One Perfect Storm after another. LOL.

And this time I've remembered to hit save every few lines, so the blog didn't get lost.

I'll be back in June with pictures from my tour with Rachel Gibson, Julia Quinn and Pamela Palmer.

7 comments:

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

Congrats on the many milestones... I agree that 'time flys!'...

Karen H said...

Wonderful milestones but it reminds me a bit of Twilight Zone. I think you should hide under the bed on 12-21-12. LOL But seriously, congratulations on the wedding anniversary, the new book release and the 19th book! I believe Ihave read them all...except for the very latest! Sounds like a great tour with some wonderful ladies with you.

Felicia said...

Never a dull moment, is there? Happy, Happy Anniversary!

Felicia
mrschopchop@verizon.net

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many more. Also, congrats on your newest book. I look forward to reading it and many more from you.

Pat Cochran said...

Happy Anniversary and many happy returns of
this special day!! It is said that time just
flies away when you are having fun!
Pat C.

Mary Preston said...

Busy Times!!! Don't forget to breathe.

Michele L. said...

Woo-boy! You are one busy lady! Many blessings and good wishes for a happy anniversary! Kudos on your new book! You can now give a sigh of relief! Happy June 1st a day early!