Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Year of Firsts


Thank you Lee for having me back on Totebags! The last year has been a real rollercoaster ride, not only on the writing front, with a lot of new things on the horizon. I thought it’d be fun to share a few of the “firsts” in this post!

I’ve always been a cat lover (could be something to do with me being a Leo and a Tiger?) but after moving to Australia at the end of 1998 for one reason or another we never did get around to adopting any. Until last year when two gorgeous kitties dropped into our laps and reminded me of all the adorable reasons why I’d always had cats in my life since I was three years old. Last October saw the arrival of our first litter of kittens. Sadly, of the four only one survived—our darling little Theo, seen here just a few days old. He’s now five months old and a complete terror!

Another new experience happened at the suggestion of my fabulous Berkley editor. She wanted me to stretch my writing in a new direction and my Archangel series was contracted, kicking off with Archangel of Mercy on 4th December 2012. Because these books are so different from my Ancient Historical romances by Christina Phillips, we decided I needed a new name to go with the new genre. And so Christina Ashcroft was born. It’s been a mad whirlwind setting up a new website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, but a lot of fun too. I’m popping back to Totebags in November to chat more about my gorgeous fallen Archangels, so stay tuned!!

As I obviously didn’t have enough on my plate with all of the above(!) I also decided this would be the year I’d dip my toe in the self-publishing waters. I got the rights back on the second novelette previously published by The Wild Rose Press and this month sees the re-release of Touch of the Demon by Christina Phillips, a 10k word futuristic fantasy, available at Smashwords and Amazon, for $0.99.

But I’ve saved the best till last :-) Next month is another first for me—when my first grandchild is due. Excited doesn’t even cover it!

Do you have a memorable “first” to share, or story about a fave kitty/canine? 


Christina is an ex-pat Brit who now lives in Western Australia with her husband and three children. She is owned by three cats who graciously allow her the occasional spare moment to write hot paranormal romance and historical romance for Penguin/Berkley Heat. She loves to chat with readers and you can catch up with her on Facebook and Twitter or join her Christina Phillips Newsletter for all the up-to-date info on her books.




5 comments:

Margaret West said...

Ahh love the little puss. From one paranormal author to another :) may the force be with you lol

Mary Preston said...

My big first in recent times, was buying my first car. Such a big deal. Learning to drive & then hitting the road - figuratively speaking.

Christina Phillips said...

Hey Margaret! Yes, little Theo is such an angel :-) Actually he sometimes behaves more like a lemur!! Can't imagine not having him padding over my keyboard now!

Christina Phillips said...

Hi Marybelle, congratulations on buying your first car - learning to drive is a huge deal and I still remember the terror that gripped me every time I had to have a driving lesson :-)

Pat Cochran said...

An upcoming first for our family: our first
grandchild will be the first of her genera-
tion (in our family) to graduate from col-
lege! Yay, Ashley!

Pat C.