Pages

Monday, December 05, 2011

My Top 10 Book List of 2011 -- Susanna Carr

As 2011 draws to a close, I wanted to look back and remember my favorite books. Some authors on the list are on my all-time favorites such as Lynne Graham and Sarah Morgan. There are also a few debut authors like Wendy S. Marcus and new-to-me authors like Meg Maguire. I can't wait to read their next books!

Here is my Top 10 listed in alphabetical order:

Bride for Real by Lynne Graham: This book was the second part of a Harlequin Presents duet. I adored Sander and Tally in the first book (The Marriage Betrayal) and almost didn't want to read Bride for Real because I knew they would suffer great hardship. I'm glad I caved in and read Bride for Real. It's intense! It's sexy and emotional. What makes this book a great read is how the characters are tested as they fight for their marriage.

Caught on Camera by Meg Maguire: This Harlequin Blaze is an amazing adventure, but what I really loved was the relationship between Ty and Kate. The reader knows that these two should be together--and as soon as possible! It's in every gesture, every word and every glance they share. The sexual tension is amazing, probably because you know how much these two care for each other.

Doukakis's Apprentice by Sarah Morgan: One of the reasons I liked this Harlequin Presents so much is because of the characters' flaws. Damon was focused on protecting his own and it became his strength as well as his weakness. The same could be said about Polly. And when Damon and Polly were together, the sparks flew! They were a dynamic couple.

Guns and the Girl Next Door by HelenKay Dimon: This is a great Harlequin Intrigue. I love the sarcasm and the heat between Mia and Holden. The storyline is action-packed, the brisk pace never lets up, and I really couldn’t predict what would happen next. Guns and the Girl Next Door is a must-read.

Lead Me On by Victoria Dahl: I adored Chase who was a mix of patience and dangerous edge. He understood Jane and offered unconditional acceptance. I also thought that Jane was a very interesting heroine. She was a bad girl desperate to be respected and valued. The journey to take a hard look at herself and stop running from her past was fascinating.

Negligee Behavior by Shelli Stevens: I couldn't get enough of Brandy’s transformation and Marco is a drool-worthy hero. He’s got his insecurities and secrets, but he’s not quite the bad boy Brandy thinks he is. This romance is filled with heart, heat and humor. If you enjoy good girl gone bad stories, then you have to read this book.

Paper Marriage Proposition by Red Garnier is a very sexy and dark love story. I enjoyed this twist with the revenge theme. This heroine was out for blood and I loved that! Landon is an Alpha male, and Beth is just as much an Alpha. They both protected their own and fought for their family.

The Secret Princess by Jessica Hart: Harlequin Romance author Jessica Hart is an auto-buy for me. She creates the best heroines. In this book, Lotty is privileged and doesn't know what she's capable of. When she meets Corran, she gradually becomes the woman she could admire. Lotty discovers that behind the designer clothes and gracious smile, she has courage and determination she always wanted.

When One Night Isn't Enough by Wendy S. Marcus: This Harlequin Medical is a sexy romance filled with emergency room medical drama. I have a soft spot for reformed bad girl heroines like Ali, and Jared had quite a few intriguing secrets. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more stories by Wendy S. Marcus.

Witness Seduction by Elle Kennedy offers great suspense and a hot love story. (It is a Harlequin Blaze, after all!) I adore Caleb. Not only is he protective, sexy and alpha -- the best combination! -- but he's also kind of shy and awkward around Marley. He's my favorite kind of hero.

What was your favorite book of 2011?

4 comments:

Wendy S Marcus said...

Holy cow! Did I honestly make a list with Sarah Morgan, Helen Kay Dimon, AND Victoria Dahl??? My heart is racing! Thank you SO much for the mention, and I'm thrilled that When One Night Isn't Enough made your top 10 list for 2011! (Must go call my sister!!)

Susanna Carr said...

Wendy, your post made me smile!! I loved When One Night Isn't Enough and I seriously can't wait for your next book.

Mary Preston said...

NEVERWHERE by Neil Gaiman was my favorite, mostly because it was such a total surprise. My daughter said I MUST read & so read I did. I loved his world beneath the streets of London. A memorable book.

Laurie G said...

Season For Temptation by Theresa Romain!!