Pages

Friday, December 09, 2011

Christmas Reading

I don't know about you but this time of year makes it difficult to get much quality reading time in. Since I need to read, I find myself shifting to novellas rather than full-length novels to take advantage of small bits of time. And I really like Christmas-themed novellas -- they capitalize on the magical season and spirit of Christmas in a shorter form. Over the years, I usually gravitated to the same types/time periods of Christmas novellas as I do for my regular romance reading -- time travels, historicals and especially Regencies.

Some of my past (and current since I reread them, too!) favorites have been:



(Yes, that is my book over there -- I simply love the other two stories in the collection!)

Of course, there are some great single-title Christmas romances, too, and a few of my favorites have been:





So, how about you? Do you like Christmas-themed stories? Do you cut down on reading time during the holidays? Do you like/read full-length or shorter works during this hectic time of year? Please share your holiday reading habits with me and I'll pick one person to receive a copy of one of my favorite Christmas books!

I hope your holidays are happy and that the New Year is one filled with health and prosperity! Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy New Year!

Terri is working on her next Harlequin Historical romance which takes her back to the Highlands and the Clan MacLerie. She's also taking part in the Harlequin Historical Authors' Holiday Giveaway -- so visit her website for more info on the contest and Terri's current and upcoming releases!


6 comments:

Laurie G said...

I just finished one of your favorites Christmas Keepsakes!

A couple of other favorites are Jingle Bell Rock featuring Alison Kent etc and Jingle All the Way featuring Nora Roberts. I also like Bluebird Winter by Linda Howard and all of Debbie Macomber's Christmass treasures. Finally, I like Curtiss Matlock's Miracle On I-40.

I just finished Season For Temptation too by Theresa Romain. Perfect, funny!

I love Christmas themed books!

Mary Preston said...

Cut down on reading time? What nonsense is this?? I absolutely love Christmas stories. They always have a little extra magic to them I feel.

Marguerite Kaye said...

I'm re-reading at the moment, it's partly a comfort thing and partly because I'm so busy I need to read something that I don't have to concentrate too hard on. At the moment I've got Kingsley Amis's Lucky Jim and Kate Morton's The House at Riverton and Marian Keyes' Watermelon all on the go. Supposed to be reading up on the Crimean War too, but I can manage about 4 pages of that at a time right now.

Laurie G said...

I forgot to answer the question. No I do not cut down on my reading time. I always end my day with a book. I don't gravitate to shorter stories,but, I've found that several authors do put out anthologies at this time of the year.

Na said...

Hi Terri, I really enjoy Christmas-themed stories during the holidays. I even read them all year round. I like full-length stories but I have found many novellas that are great. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor and A Wallflower's Christmas was sweet. I really liked A Christmas Countess, a full-length novel by Adrienne Basso. I try to read more but closer to the holidays it can get hectic and plus I like spending time with family.

Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

Michele L. said...

Hi Terri!
I love to read and do so every night in bed. I read all kinds of books and love Christmas themed ones. I have some good anthologies also that I have kept that I reread at this time of the year. Mine are harlequin anthologies.

Have a great Christmas!