Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Jasmine Haynes: Past Midnight, The DeKnights, Book 1

Releasing May 3rd, my latest Berkley Heat!

My editor thinks I might have created a new genre, erotic “issue” stories! Past Midnight isn’t simply an erotic romp. It’s a passionately emotional story about a couple living through a terrible tragedy that has torn their lives apart. Writing it made me cry. I can imagine nothing worse than losing a child, and that’s what happens to Erin and Dominic DeKnight, they lost their little boy and they are now losing themselves. When I started writing this story, I wasn’t sure how I would bring them together again. I wasn’t sure that was even possible. My editor thought that was going to be a huge challenge, and I’m so glad that she gave me the opportunity to try to write this story. To make matters worse, not only do the DeKnight’s face this emotional challenge, the business they own together, DeKnight Gauges, is under siege, too. I interviewed my friend and former boss, Teresa, on that part of the story. DeKnight Gauges is patterned after her business and some of the corporate intrigues Erin and Dominic face are ideas Teresa provided me with. I greatly admire her as a businesswoman. I’m attending a garden party at her house in a couple of weeks, and I’ll be taking her an autographed copy of the book. I hope she thinks I did the story justice!

Here’s a blurb on Past Midnight, Book 1 in my sexy, emotional new DeKnight trilogy.

How far will they go… Past Midnight.

Erin and Dominic had the perfect life—until a devastating blow rocked their marriage to the core. Now they only reconnect after dark, when sleepless nights become hours of ecstasy as they soothe emotional pain with physical pleasure—but still wake up feeling distant and alone.

Dominic refuses to give up on the relationship. To save their marriage, he sets up erotic adventures that take them far beyond the boundaries of both their comfort zones. As their love life moves from the privacy of their bedroom to public parties and sex retreats where anything is possible, will Dominic and Erin form a deeper bond…or will they lose it all?

“A highly erotic journey for two lost souls desperately seeking solace...captivates from the opening sentence.”
Romantic Times

If you’d like to read Past Midnight as an e-book, try it on Amazon Kindle and B&N Nook.

Take a moment to read the excerpt for Past Midnight. What is their son’s name? Leave a comment with the answer to the question and your contact e-mail address to enter my drawing for a copy of Power to the Max, the fourth book in the Max Starr series. I’ll announce the winner on Friday! Not, a foreign winner will receive the book emailed in pdf format.

Don’t forget to stop by my blog for a free erotic read of Kinky Neighbors, a chapter every week!

10 comments:

Rosemary Gunn said...

I absolutely LOVED this book!! It had me from Page 1 and never let me go. The sex is magma hot (Jas can't write sex that isn't [grin]), but that isn't what kept me going. This couple's story will makes your heart ache and you simply need for them to make it work. There was an emotional lump in my throat as I flipped page after part, then I recall simply bawling like a baby. Excellent book, Jas! Erin and Dominic have moved into my heart. (I know their son's name, but already own AND LOVE the Max Starr series, so I won't leave the answer here.) You're the best, Jas!! Congratulations on this new, heart-wrenching, smokin' hot sexy trilogy!!! You ROCK!!

Lil said...

Your excerpt really got my attention. Jay.

littlelamblst@yahoo.com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Thank you so much, Rosemary, for that ringing endorsement! I love you, too!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the excerpt, Lil, and that it caught your attention. That prologue was what came to me first, before the rest of the story. They were speaking to me and I had to figure out what had gone wrong! Your answer is correct!

Estella said...

Great excerpt. Son's name is Jay!

Love the Kinky Neighbors chapters!

kissinoak at frontier dot com

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Glad you enjoyed the excerpt, Estella. And of course I'm so happy you're loving Kinky Neighbors, too. And you got the answer right!

Mary Preston said...

PAST MIDNIGHT sounds amazing. It is MORE & I love more.

marypres@gmail.com

Unknown said...

i like this book . this story make your heart and your feelings get warm and you glad to enjoy it alott.

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Thank you, Rehab! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Sorry, Marybelle, I didn't see your commment. I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpt! And that it delivers more!

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone, and reading the excerpt for Past Midnight!

And the winner of Power to the Max is Lil! Congratulations! I will send you an email for your snailmail.