Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

An Astonishing Auction - Anna Campbell


by Anna Campbell

Do you all know about Brenda Novak's amazing auction to raise funds for research into a cure for juvenile diabetes?

Brenda's been running this fabulous fundraiser for the last five years and has raised over $500,000 so far. And 2009 looks like being her biggest year yet.

One of the great things about this auction is that you can benefit both yourself and a good cause if you make a bid. Brenda gets donations from all sorts of heavy hitters in the romance writing industry. It's a particular treasure trove for readers and writers, but there are prizes that anyone in the universe would love.

Just to give you a few examples:

An overnight stay in a swish hotel in Regency jewel, Bath, in England, with a champagne afternoon tea at the famous Pump Room, donated by romance writer Nicola Cornick.

http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/AuctionHelp.taf?S=N&R=2&C=2&DA=0&m=3&return=50&sort=1&st=1&_start=1&_UserReference=D1D0771446B55C7D3F6202F4213449FA87E4

A Six-Night African Safari for two

http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=1290702

A Six-Night Getaway to Seattle and British Columbia courtesy of romance writer Jane Porter

For aspiring writers, the selection of prizes is amazing. I'm donating a critique of a partial manuscript (three chapters and a synopsis) which includes a signed copy of my latest book TEMPT THE DEVIL.
There's critiques by editors and agents. There's critiques by a whole stack of great romance authors. Check out the list under For Writers and be amazed!

http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/auctionhelp.taf?S=N&R=2&C=2&m=3&sort=1&st=1&days=&category_id=4948&skipkw=1&_start=1


There's a wonderful selection of signed books and ARCs and other treats for readers - and I know everyone on Tote Bags falls into that category. Check them out!

http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/AuctionHelp.taf?S=N&R=2&C=2&m=3&sort=1&ST=1&days=10&category_id=4949&skipkw=1&status=&_start=1


There's baskets and gift packs filled with goodies. One in particular I'd like to point out is the Romance Bandits basket which is chockablock with all sorts sorts of amazing bits and pieces courtesy of my blog sisters. http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=1389058

Michelle Buonfiglio of Romance: B(u)y the Book has mustered a whole stack of people to put together a huge pool of prizes too, including this great selection of signed books. http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/auctionhelp.taf?S=N&R=2&C=2&m=3&sort=1&st=1&days=&category_id=10727&skipkw=1&_start=1

There's raffles and $1 spot specials and other assorted prizes. Seriously, it's well worth seeing what's there. You'll be astonished and awe-struck! And I bet you're tempted to reach for your credit card! And remember, everything you spend goes to a very worthy cause!

11 comments:

Annie West said...

Anna, I think this is the most amazing auction, with prizes going from the large to the small and all so enticing. Am just sorry my own offer to contribute was too late.

It's such a worthwhile cause, and isn't it fun to have so much to choose from at the auction. Wish I was in the UK as I'd definitely be bidding for Nicola's treat at Bath. Haven't people shown imagination with their prizes?

Annie

Helen said...

I have been over there a couple of times Anna and all is going really well. So many wonderful prizes to bid for. I am with Annie I would love the treat in Bath, and there are so many wonderful ARCs and signed books to win.

Well done Brenda

Have Fun
Helen

Anna Campbell said...

Hi Annie! I LOVE Nicola's prize. Bath is gorgeous and I haven't ever had afternoon tea in the Pump Room. As you said, everybody's put such imagination into their prizes.

Helen, the selection of books is amazing, isn't it? It's wonderful to see what everyone has contributed!

Unknown said...

Wow! What exciting prizes to bid for! And such a great cause. I'm going to stop by today and try for the Bath trip. I've been dying to visit England again:)

Great blog Anna!
Sarah Tormey

Anna Campbell said...

Hey, Sarah, happy birthday for a day or so ago! The Bath trip is wonderful, isn't it? Hope you win it!

Pamela Cayne said...

I adore Brenda's auction! There's something for everybody (especially readers and writers!) and such a variety to bid on! One of my goals for getting published is to donate something for her.

Anna Campbell said...

Pamela, I actually got a glow of achievement my first year as a published author when I donated a crit (2007). Still get a glow! Hope you achieve your dream!

Pat Cochran said...

Hi, Anna,

I look forward to participating in
Brenda's auction each year. I always am lucky enough to secure some nice items. I am currently in the bidding for several nice offerings. Among them: an autographed copy of Tempt The Devil! Thanks for your donation!
I really want to win this book!!

Pat Cochran

Anna Campbell said...

Ooh, Pat, are you in the bidding for that? Actually the TTD bidding has been so generous, I'm actually going to give away a signed copy of the lovely Australian edition trade paperback.

Pat Cochran said...

Anna,

You really know how to "tempt" a
Campbell fan, don't you? I'm
certainly going to go back in &
make sure I still have the lead
in the bidding!!!

Pat Cochran

Anna Campbell said...

Snort, Pat! That's very flattering! I feel like I've given you inside information ;-) Do you feel special? Ha ha! But honestly, I looked at what it's up to - $35 at last look - and thought anyone who pays that deserves something a little spectacular.