Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Holiday Shopping with Sandra Marton

Does anybody shop in stores and malls anymore?

Well, wait. I do. In fact, I just did. I went to the biggest mall near us--it's an hour away--just yesterday. It was great! No crowds. Lots of beautiful things to see and buy. I managed to come very close to completing my gift list.

Of course, that's because I also did lots of shopping online. I don't know about you but I love shopping on the internet. Such variety! Never a crowd! Incredibly helpful salespeople! And I don't have to change from my sweats and slippers to do it.

Now all I have to concentrate on is shopping for Thanksgiving dinner next week. I'll have to take time away from Lucas and Alyssa, my current hero and heroine. Alyssa will understand. Lucas won't. He's a true Alpha male, a Spanish nobleman with the hot blood of the conquistadores running in his 21st century veins, and he'll want to know why I'm not giving him my full attention for a couple of days.

Oh, the complex life of a romance writer...

Speaking of which, THE SICILIAN'S CHRISTMAS BRIDE spent THREE WEEKS on the Borders/Waldenbooks BestSeller List! If you haven't read it yet, give yourself an early Christmas treat and buy a copy. Dante and Tally will put you right in the mood for the miracles of the season.

By the way, stop by at http://pinkheartsociety.blogspot.com if you have the chance tomorrow, Sunday Nov 19th. You can read a fun interview with me and find out some stuff about me. See you then!

1 comment:

Michele L. said...

Hi Sandra,

Happy Thanksgiving! Yes, I too go in malls and do my Christmas shopping. Although, yesterday, Friday, I went shopping for the very first time after Thanksgiving. I have never went shopping on the busiest shopping day of the year! Wow was it ever packed! I did get a pair of pants for $2.90! They were regularly $24.99 and the store had them 40% off with an additional 15% off when bought early in the day plus I had a $10.00 coupon. That made my day!
Your book sounds great! I will have to buy it when it hits the shelves!
Have a great holiday!
Michele L.