Pages

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Getting Organized - Liz Fielding


I'm deep in revisions for my new book - the one about the sheikh and his temporary princess - which have to be on my editor's desk on Monday.

Due to all manner of "stuff", this has taken me a very long time to write and when I send it away at the end of March (my ed had a two-week holiday and flu between then and now so she's taken a long time, too) I was heartily glad to see the back of it.

A few weeks break - in which I got into a short story (more ice-cream but not finished yet) and a ton of reading - and the characters, the story have come back to me with a freshness that has made the revisions, the careful reading to see where I can strengthen motivations, give the story extra breadth and sizzle, has been an unexpected pleasure. I hope, next month, to be able to give you a title and a publication date.

In the meantime I've been catching on a "new thing" via writing mates Ally Blake and Anne Gracie - the bullet journal. This is something that calls out to my love of stationery, notebooks, pretty sparkly pens and stickers of all kinds!

Bullet journals are all about organization and if the last year has taught me anything, it's that I need to be more organized.

Obviously I had to research all the gorgeousness of bullet journals on Pinterest but before I embark on the extravagance of a Midori Travel Journal I'm going to have to see one, hold one and that will require a trip to somewhere that offers "serious" shopping. Hello, Bath...

Meanwhile, I've resurrected my old Filofax to give it a go. It's black and boring - I'm already coveting this pretty purple one -  and I have a birthday very soon. Maybe this year, when my desperate family ask me what I want, I'll have a list!

No comments: