Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Falling For The Freemans By Kate Hewitt

I’m so excited to share my new series, Falling For The Freemans, with readers. The idea for this series actually came to me about ten years ago, when my husband and I was driving through Upstate New York on the way to my parents’ house in Canada. We unfortunately had engine trouble, and went off the highway in search of a garage. We drove through a town that looked as if it had once been a tourist destination, with beautiful old Victorian houses and a lovely village green and bandstand, but with a forgotten, dilapidated air over everything that made me curious. What had happened to this town, and why wasn’t it still a popular tourist destination, like other towns in the Thousand Islands region? I answer that question in my series, set in the fictional town of Creighton Falls, and the first novella in it, Falling For Christmas, came out  on November 9.

Falling for Christmas is Hannah Ford and Sam Taylor’s story. Hannah is a New Yorker running away from a Christmas house party where her snide ex unexpectedly showed up. Sam is the strong, silent type who has no idea what to do with a glamorous city girl. Fortunately they figure something out over a very special Christmas! And during her stay in Creighton Falls Hannah learns about the Freeman family, who once ran the town as well as the huge hotel on the village green, empty and abandoned for twenty years, ever since Peter Freeman fell through the ice and drowned in a fishing accident.

The next three books in the series, Falling Hard, Falling Fast, and Falling Forever, have a Freeman brother as the hero of each story. Each brother has had a different experience of and reaction to his father’s death, and what happened on that awful day. Each one will have to return to Creighton Falls and face his past and deal with his secrets. And meanwhile Creighton Falls will finally get the facelift it deserves.

I hope you enjoy Falling For The Freemans. I’m giving away one e-copy of Falling For Christmas—just leave a comment below, telling me what you think of small town series.

Happy Reading,


Kate

7 comments:

Laney4 said...

I like small-town stories. They have lots of quirky characters (although writing too many isn't my thing). They have family values. It is relatable for me.
That being said, I like sheikh stories (nothing like a powerful man to go after a heroine he wants), cowboy stories (ride 'em, cowboy), office stories (yes sir, yes sir), stories in foreign countries (so I can live vicariously through my books), and just about anything in between.
Variety is the spice of life.

Laurie G said...

I grew up in a small town so I relate to the closeness and gossip. The caring and camaraderie of working together to making the place a better place to live.
You feel like you are a member of the community or one of the family members or a close neighbor or a friend. Everybody watches out for everybody else.

I especially like:

Jill Shalvis- Lucky Harbor, WA
Susan Mallery -Fool's Gold, CA
Susan Wiggs -Lakeshore Chronicles Avalon, NY
Debbie Macomber -Cedar Cove, WA and Hard Luck, Alaska

bn100 said...

can be interesting

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

I love them -- grew up in one and I can sure identify with the stories!

erin said...

I enjoy them b/c they are the opposite of what I know :) I couldn't live in a small town, I'd feel like I was living in a fishbowl. But having that sense of community and friendliness would be awesome. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the new release!

Mary Preston said...

I like the intimacy of small town series. Everyone knows everyone's business. Fun to read.

dstoutholcomb said...

love small tow series

denise