Pages

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Food and Travel and 'The Sinner's Marriage Redemption' - Annie West

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TXIAD84If you know me you'll also know that some of my favourite things are food, travel and romances. What's not to like? So it's with great pleasure that I share the news my latest romance, THE SINNER'S MARRIAGE REDEMPTION, is on sale now. It's one of a collection called the Seven Sexy Sins! Yes a book for each sin. I'm thrilled by this story. Writing it was fun and challenging too as it's different from any romance I've written. it definitely had a different vibe when I wrote it and redeeming a hero with Flynn's particular hangups was a fun challenge. But I fell for him along the way, which made it far easier. One of the great things about this story was the fact that I got to do some wonderful research for the book which included travel to a place I've always wanted to visit, and of course the chance to taste some local treats. What could be better? So strap on your seatbelts ready for a little armchair travelling and tasting.
First up though, here's a taste of what the story is about. 
A merciless mission  
There are three goals self-made magnate Flynn Marshall set out to achieve:
1. A multimillion-dollar business empire
2. Acceptance in the highest echelons of society
3. A wife to make him the envy of all men!
Flynn’s ruthlessly accomplished his first goal and he’s on his way to the second. As for the third, he will rush stunning, well-connected Ava Cavendish to the altar at the first opportunity. A trophy bride should complete his plans, but passionate Ava and the desire she inflames in this untouchable CEO threaten to turn his carefully ordered strategy on its head…
 
And now to the travel. I've posted the Australian cover here as it includes a location shot. It's a bit hard to make out but do you recognise this gorgeous European city?

 
Okay, that was a tough one. The city is Prague in the Czech Republic - filled to the brim with quaint buildings and bridges, spectacular views and a river that turns the red roofed city into something quite special. The first part of THE SINNER'S MARRIAGE REDEMPTION is set in Prague. In fact every scene is based on somewhere I visited! Here's a quick peek of the town hall square from the top of the clock tower.
 
And here's proof that I was there. This is on the long, hot walk up to the citadel. No, that's not red wine I'm drinking, but cherry juice.
 

 
One of the local treats on offer was this spiral of deep fried potato. If only the weather had been cold I'd have been tempted. But I visited in a heatwave. I'll have to go back in winter when I hear the city is just gorgeous too.
 
That didn't stop me from trying the hot dishes on offer at night. Here's my first evening meal in Prague - pork with sauerkraut, two sorts of dumpling and a local beer. The Czechs really love their dumplings!
 


 And of course I needed to try the local version of a kebab in a cellar restaurant! I must admit though that the size of the serve surprised me.


But one of the best things about Prague in warm weather is the ice cream, often with fruit. Sigh. This was at a pavement café in Wenceslas Square and it tasted as good as it looks.

 
Do you have a favourite food or drink treat for summer? I'd love to hear.
It's winter in Australia now but I'll store up suggestions for the warmer months.
 
If you want to see more photos of Prague, drop by my website and you'll find some of the places that inspired the book on the page for THE SINNER'S MARRIAGE REDEMPTION. There's also a contest running till 10th August with chances to win signed books.
 
And if you want to snaffle a copy of my Sinner, here are a couple of links to buy:



2 comments:

Unknown said...

The High Tea place in Centrepoint, Sydney does a lovely range of iced teas. Perfect after a summer shopping trip.

Annie West said...

Hi Elaine,

I don't know the High Tea place. Must look it up next time I go to Sydney and try some of their iced teas. Thanks for the suggestion!