Pages

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Addison Fox: My Annual Reward

For romance authors, July is a big month. Every July the Romance Writers of America puts on their annual conference. The conference is an author conference, so the focus is on craft workshops, business networking and discussion about our future. As a writer, this is pretty much heaven.

For me, RWA week always results in several things. First, it’s my vacation week, so it’s a time for me to get away from the day to day and focus solely on my writing. Second, it’s a time of friendship. I connect with some of my dearest friends, stay up way too late with my roommate (who’s also one of my best friends) talking and laughing and I get to connect with my publisher. Finally, RWA week is a time of renewal. I come back refreshed and excited and can’t wait to get back to my work in progress.

While RWA is the week I look forward to, you can talk to anyone and they have an equivalent in their own life that helps them re-center themselves. Whether it’s a vacation spot that speaks to you in the deepest part of our soul, an interest that you get to indulge for a week or just time away from work in a staycation, time off to refresh and recharge is deeply important to our personal well-being.

Now that I’m back, reality and routine has quickly intruded, but I don’t mind. I’ve got wonderful memories, an idea that’s got me fired up to sit down and write and my week in 2016 on the horizon, giving me something to look forward to!

What about you? What do you look forward to each year or is there a special place that speaks to you?

Thanks for joining me today!
XOXO,
Addison


~~~~~~~~~~

Despite early ambitions of being a diver, a drummer or a doctor, Addison Fox happily discovered she was more suited to life as a writer. She lives in Dallas and - thankfully - doesn't have to operate on anyone. You can find her at her home on the web at www.addisonfox.com. Her latest book, TEMPTING TARGET, is out now from Harlequin Romantic Suspense. You can visit her at her website at www.addisonfox.com

No comments: