Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

A quick Hello! from Susan Stephens

It’s so good to be back here, chatting to again!


The Romance Writers of America conference in New York this July was the most fantastic event. The signing raises a great deal of money for literacy charities, and gives authors the chance to chat with readers face to face. There’s nothing better than sharing our passion for romance.

It also gives us chance to meet up with signing buddies each year—and here’s mine, Alison Stone, who writes fabulous Amish inspirational romance.

Plain Peril is Alison’s most recent book, and I can tell you first hand, that it’s a great, suspenseful story!


This year was particularly special for me, as my close friend and traveling companion, the wonderful author Carole Mortimer was honoured with the Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement award.
I was thrilled to be invited to present an outline of Carole’s outstanding career.

If you would like to watch the RITA ceremony, here is a link to the YouTube recording of the live streaming. Our section begins around 50 mins 20 seconds in.



The night was made even more fabulous as Carole’s family was able to fly in to be with her. And here they are, justifiably proud of a giant in our industry, the modest, self effacing author of more than 200 books! Carole Mortimer.


I’ll be back next month with news of an exciting Susan Stephens box set, along with all the other bits of industry gossip I know you love to share.

Finally, let me thank the wonderful Lee Hyat for hosting this blog, and I leave you with my warmest wishes to you all for the month of August, and I’m looking forward to being back here chatting to you in September!

Your friend and author,
Susan



1 comment:

penney said...

Great blog today, I am looking forward to reading your book and waiting to hear about the box set next month. Thanks for being here today.
Penney