Early reviews have been favourable and I'm really excited for Carrying A King's Child to be out! It's not my usual story in that Emily is a bar tender and not some sort of assistant/business person. But she has a lot of me in here. :)
1. She's a native Floridian who grew up on the water. I could swim before I could walk!
2. She loves the sunshine, outdoor water sports (see number 1) and getting rowdy in a bar!
3. She's fiercely independent and plans to raise her child to be the same.
Things that aren't me:
1. She had a weekend fling...that's not me. I am so cautious when it comes to letting anyone in.
2. She's a red head. My maternal grandmother used to dye her hair red and I have always secretly wanted to be a red head.
3. She's not a pet owner. I love my little Godiva!
Here's a quick little teaser from the book:
One night leads to the pregnancy surprise of a
lifetime in this novel from USA TODAY bestselling author Katherine Garbera… Tapped to become king of his family’s
ancestral homeland, hotshot Miami businessman Rafe Montoro needs a break from
the pressure. A night with Key West bartender Emily Fielding is just the
ticket—until weeks later, when she shows up pregnant! Emily wants her child
know its father, though as an “unsuitable commoner,” she doesn’t want to block
Rafe’s ascent to the throne. Still, there’s that unrelenting chemistry between
them that won’t be denied. Will Rafe have to choose between love and country
Tell me something about yourself! Are you like Emily and me and love the water or are you a pet lover? I'm giving away a Cheryl's Cookie Card and a signed copy of Carrying A King's Child to one lucky commenter. :)