Pages

Monday, April 06, 2015

Addison Fox: Spring Has Sprung

The winter of 2014/2015 has been a beating for the majority of the US. Heavy snow, crazy ice storms and record-setting temperatures have had us all looking toward spring with eager anticipation. I was thinking about that a lot this weekend as I watched the fresh shoots of grass coming up in my own yard. Along with the days that last longer and the warmer weather, it’s obvious that spring is upon us.

I love each season for its unique properties, but the sense of renewal in spring always gives me a much-needed shot in the arm. Writing is a solitary endeavor and after the first blush of new year resolutions have passed, it’s nice to have additional milestones throughout the year to recharge the batteries.

It’s an interesting battle, as an author. On one hand, I love my quiet time. In fact, if I go too many days without my solitary writing time I get rather grumpy! But even with that personal focus on my work, and genuine enjoyment of what I’m doing, there are days when it gets tiresome. The words don’t flow quite as fast or the story feels stuck. That reminder of renewal is a definite pick me up (plus, the warmer weather makes for a great walk to clear out the cobwebs in my head!)

What about you? What are you most looking forward to in spring? The warmer days? The smell of fresh-cut grass? The allergies? Or maybe all of the above!

Wishing you a happy spring, full of joy and renewal.

Thanks for joining me today.
XOXO,
Addison


~~~~~~~~~~

Despite early ambitions of being a diver, a drummer or a doctor, Addison Fox happily discovered she was more suited to life as a writer. She lives in Dallas and - thankfully - doesn't have to operate on anyone. You can find her at her home on the web at www.addisonfox.com. Her latest book, SECRET AGENT BOYFRIEND, is out now from Harlequin Romantic Suspense. You can visit her at her website at www.addisonfox.com

2 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

warmer days!
Denise

Laurie G said...

I look forward to more daylight hours. My husband and I like to take evening walks and watch the sunset.