Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Blue Screen of Death . . . Anne McAllister

I don't know if it was John Lennon or not who said, "Life is what happens when you're making other plans." But, believe me, life is what is happening here.

On the weekend I sat down to write this blog piece -- and my computer's trackpad went nuts. One minute it was behaving. The next it was sending the cursor zinging all over the place.  I couldn't even get it to shut down right. I had to press the on/off button. Never a good sign.

Next time I pressed it, I got as far as the "starting Windows" screen. I haven't been able to get any further since.  So . . . I don't have a blog piece written. I have countless hours of discussion with my friends at my computer company's software help division under my belt instead.

I would like to report progress. So far, I can't. Maybe today.  In the meantime, I've borrowed someone else's computer.  I apologize for the lack of a useful blog post.  If you have ever had computer issues, I send you my sympathies. I would appreciate yours.

Stay tuned . . . I hope by next month I can report that there were blue skies just around the corner.  But if not, I hope I can at least tell you that the archaeological dig I'm going on in 10 days was a great success.

I'd love to have you leave comments, but I don't know if I can answer them. Proceed at your own risk!

3 comments:

erin said...

ack! nothing worse than a misbehaving computer!!! Definitely brings to light how much we use/depend on them when they decide to take a "holiday". Best of luck to you!

Kaelee said...

Anne ~ hope your computer woes are fixed soon without any loss of important material. Last time we had computer problems we lost a lot of pictures as we didn't have them backed up.

dstoutholcomb said...

oh, no. How awful! Hope you're able to retrieve everything.