Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Boone Brux: I'm Taking a Break


I’m doing something I’ve never done before. I’m taking a break. Yep, as of this week I’m on a six month sabbatical from writing.

Saying I’m on a six month writing break conjures images of relaxation, sleeping in, actually reading a book. But I’ll be honest, my sabbatical looks nothing like this. I still have books to write and a few deadlines to meet, but instead of grueling deadlines, sometimes a book a month, I’ve given myself permission to do all the tasks that have slipped by me over the past three and half years. My house is reaching toxic levels. I think something is living in my refrigerator. Don’t get me started on the thirty pounds I’ve gained since signing my first publishing contract. We’re going to Hawaii this fall and if I don’t get moving the beachcombers are going to try and roll me back in the water. I can’t remember the last time I plucked my eyebrows, shaved my legs, or got a pedicure. My dog hasn’t been walked in a year and a half and don’t get me started on my kids.


Even though giving myself permission to cut back on the writing and everything that goes with it was damn near impossible, it was also a gift to myself. My dream or maybe delusion is to accomplish 75% of the tasks that fill my project note book. If I can develop good habits and maintain them when I go back to writing means less internal stress for me. A less stressed Boone means everybody is happier.

So my six month break from writing will be anything but relaxing and I can’t wait. So here’s to a great six months. I’ll be recounting my journey on my blog so please pop by www.boonebrux.blogspot.com.

I know I’m not the only woman out there who feels overwhelmed. I’d love to hear what you do or have done for yourself and how it helped. I’ll be giving away an e-copy of any of my titles to a random commenter and a winner will be picked in approximately a week.

Don’t miss out on the awesome multi-author bundle I’m in, Nine by Night, releasing August 3rd. If you love kickass heroines, you’ll love this bundle.

I’d love to hear from you. Please find me at:


Or sign up for my newsletter and don’t miss any of my release announcements, contests for newsletter subscribers, or insider reads at http://bit.ly/NLBoone

***Boone's winner is Lil!  Please email totebag@authorsoundrelations.com with your mailing details!***

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Also, almost every part offer a similar chanel replica trademark good quality along with superiority. Your neck luggage provide you with the simplicity of holding additional goods, greater portability as well as, supplying you with a new pretty laid-back nevertheless popular along with functional search. Your resources plus the habits in the Burberry design and style features hublot replica watches got far easier to the Burberry ladies handbag aficionados for you to pleasantly collection a part your originals off their counterfeiters. The main luggage include involving okay resources including soft painted canvas. This specific product can be tough, solid along with louis vuitton replica virtually resilient for you to spots. In addition, very easy stand out. Your false bits generally appear in glistening product for this reason; it can be safer to be aware that those people are certainly not formerly created by Burberry. Yet another important thing that creates buyers acknowledge your cartier replica appearance of an ladies handbag via Burberry variety of solutions will be the certain structure in the handbag. The main luggage incorporate direct horizontal and also straight collections plus the natural leather lean is actually perhaps all-around louis vuitton replica your entire outside in the initial tote by simply Burberry.

Lil said...

I will likely sound like the most boring of women, but especially when I am overwhelmed I try to get enough sleep on a regular basis so that I can function more efficiently from day to day. And I try to eat things that really taste good to me, might be a fast prep and not much fuss roast chicken and veg...easy to make without much attention or time from me as I run around the house or work on projects for my computer. For short breaks I turn off my electronic devices, make trips to a library, beach, movie cinema...accessible things, low budget and entertaining to take my mind off general life issues. For long breaks I do a series of catching up with friends over coffee or dinner, they help me to relax and to refill the well so to speak.

erin said...

I tried to post yesterday but I broke the comments :) LOL... Best of luck on your sabbatical and getting your "list" done!!! I'm a bit jealous :) But I've gotten better at saying and meaning "no" and taking time out for myself! This anthology looks amazing and I love that cover!!!