Pages

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Is love lovelier, the second time around?

One of the special pleasures in a writer's life is that moment when, having reclaimed the rights to a book that has been out of print for a while, she has the opportunity to give it a new life.

Last autumn, the rights of A Point of Pride, my second book, were turned to me and since it was always a favourite - reunited lovers, a marriage of convenience - I relished the opportunity to give it a makeover. Freshen it up. Put on a new cover.

It wasn't a light wasn and brush up, however. A flick over with the spray polish and duster.

As soon as I started reading this book that I hadn't picked up in years, I realised that it was going to be a lot more than that. There was stuff about mobile phones (then new and the size of house bricks) that would make no sense to the modern reader. And while it had a sexy edge it seemed to lack the emotional impact of my later work.

I got stuck in and had a really good time getting to know Casey and Gil again, smoothing out some new writer snags,, giving them both a lot more heart.

A Point of Pride is now on sale (for a limited time only) at the bargain price of 99c. HURRY!




3 comments:

Linda Henderson said...

I enjoy these kinds of stories, I'll be checking it out.

Liz Fielding said...

Thanks, Linda!

Unknown said...

Loved this book!