Pages

Friday, December 06, 2013

Maisey Yates: Tale As Old As Time



Its fitting that I have Disney on my brain as Im writing this blog. My family has been at Disneyland enjoying all of the great and magical Christmas celebrations that happen this time of year. And why is it fitting? Because Hajars Hidden Legacy is FREE right now in ebook!

OkI guess I have to explain again why thats fitting.

Beauty and the Beast, the Disney version, is one of my favorite things ever. I first went to see it when I was in second grade. My dad took me, and I think that alone cemented it as being one of my favorite movies of all time.

Fast forward several years, and here I am writing romance novels. Well, I knew that I was going to have to write one based on my very favorite love story.

And really, as the film says, its a tale as old as time.

A beauty, and a man so beastly is takes real love, real caring, to see past it all and down into the redeeming features he doesnt even see in himself.

UK Cover

My heroine Katharine, like Disneys Belle, is no passive character. She needs an alliance with Zahirs country to ensure the safety of her own. Promised to Zahirs brother before he was killed in a horrible attack that left Zahir broken and scarred, Katharine is determined that the original marriage agreement should stand.

So what does she do? She storms the castle of course. With determination and a whole lot of luggage. And a marriage demand that my scarred hero would really, really like to refuse. He does, in fact refuse it. But Katharine settles into the palace, knowing he cant forcibly remove her without creating an international incident.

Like the Beast in the Disney story, Zahir was spoiled before the attack left him transformed - scarred physically and emotionally, Zahir is nothing like the easy playboy he once was. And of course it takes Katharine to unlock all that he could be.

Unlike The Beast, my Beast Sheikh can never be physically beautiful again. But with love, the emotional scars can heal. And he can become a better man than he ever was before - all thanks to the love of a strong, Beauty of a woman.

North American Cover

So if youre into that kind of thing, check out Hajars Hidden Legacy. Its free to download from Amazon, iTunes, etc, in the US. But if you fall outside those boundaries, check it out on the Harlequin website -http://www.harlequin.com/store.html?cid=233 (scroll down to Presents and click download the PDF)

Happy FREE reading!


Maisey 

2 comments:

Connie said...

This book sounds delightful! Thank you so much, Maisey, for your generosity!

Maisey said...

Thank you, Connie! I hope you enjoy. :_