Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Abby Niles: When Best Friends Fall in Love...


The second book of my Love to the Extreme series, FIGHTING LOVE, released today! I’m so excited about this book. I’m a sucker for friends-to-lover romances. I’m especially fond of the stories that revolve around childhood friends who have grown up together and know every little mood swing and habit of the other. This is Tommy and Julie. They have known each other since they were ten. They know each other inside and out…or at least they believe they do.

Attraction changes the dynamics of their friendship and that’s where the real fun begins. Suddenly Tommy, who has been completely comfortable with Julie, has never hesitated in wrapping an arm around her, doesn’t even know how to talk to her anymore. Just standing beside her is torture because he wants to touch her in a way his never wanted to before and everything becomes awkward.  Especially after she utters the words, “He’s like my brother,” and he starts having thoughts like this:

“If she said it again, he feared he was going to show her just exactly how much of a brother to her he wasn’t.”

Julie doesn’t get off any easier either. She has always known where she stood with Tommy, has learned to keep her own feelings for the man under wraps and just be his best friend. So when he starts acting weird, it weirds her out. This man, who she has always been able to read, is unreadable. Her best friend who has always confided in her about everything, is shutting her out. But, damn it, if he wasn’t looking at her differently and making her think things like this:

“Had the desire really been there? If it had been any other man, there wouldn’t have been a second of doubt in her mind. But he wasn’t any other man. He was Tommy. And Tommy came with a long history that directly contradicted anything she might have thought she had seen.”

I loved writing these two and their transition from being best friends to more. I’m always looking for romances with the friends-to-lovers trope. I’m giving away a $10 gift card to Amazon or Barnes and Noble (winner’s choice). To enter, just leave a comment sharing your favorite friends-to-lovers book. 

I want to thank Lee for having me today!!
Abby


Talk about kicking a fighter while he’s down.
Former Middleweight champion and confirmed bachelor Tommy "Lightning" Sparks has lost it all: his belt, his career, and now his home. After the devastating fire, he moves in with his drama-free best friend, Julie. One encounter changes everything and Julie is no longer the girl he’s spent his life protecting but a desirable woman he wants to take to his bed. Knowing his reputation, he’s determined to protect Julie more than ever—from himself.
Veterinarian Julie Rogers has been in love with Tommy since she was ten, but would love to get over the man. She’s quiet nights at home and a glass of wine. He’s clubbing all night and shots of tequila. As friends they work great. As a couple? No way in hell. She just can’t get her heart to agree. When she starts spending time with another fighter, the man who’s always treated her like a sister is suddenly not being very brotherly and enflames her body like never before.
Can two childhood friends make a relationship work, or will they lose everything because they stopped FIGHTING LOVE.
Abby Niles has always loved to read. After having twins and becoming a stay-at-home mom, she started doodling stories to keep her sanity. She didn’t plan for writing to become an obsession, but it did. Today, she juggles work, home life, and writing. It’s not always easy, but hey, who said life was easy? When Abby’s not writing, you can find her playing ‘Just Dance’ with her kids or trying to catch up on her never-ending to-be-read list. 

10 comments:

Jo's Daughter said...

I liked Sarah Mayberry's Her Best Friend & Julia Quinn's Romancing Mr Bridgerton. But my favorite is probably Kristan Higgins, The Next Best Thing :D

Laney4 said...

Sorry. Can't say my favourite story, as I have read 250+ stories every year since 1973 and can't remember them all! I CAN say that I just read Samantha Hunter's Unforgettable, where the heroine kept remembering all the things she shared with the hero, even though she doesn't remember the hero. It was nice reading all the things they knew about each other.
Happy New Year!

Di said...

I don't think I've read a friends-to-lovers story lately - this looks like a good one.
sallans d at yahoo dot com

Rahul kesharwani said...

Great publish . It needs me almost Half an hour to research the whole publish. Definitely this one of the useful and useful publish to me. Thanks for the talk about.
Book publishers Australia - We have a range of affordable services including book cover design, editing, ISBN and CIP lodgment, printing, ebooks, global POD and ebook distribution and more.

Mary Preston said...

I don't have a particular favorite, but love the story line in general.

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

Friends to lovers is a great trope!! Thanks!!

Abby Niles said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone!. And thanks for the recs! I haven't read these so I'm adding them to my to-read list. One of the ones I remember the most and its sad I can't remember the name of the book or the author because I read it years ago. I want to say Dynasty was in the name of the series. Maybe you guys can help me. It's a historical. The series followed a family where the mom and dad had married and combined their families. The youngest daughter on the mom's side had been in love with the oldest son on the dad's side since they combined their families. Even though she thought of the other guys as her real brothers, she refused to think of the oldest as her brother. I loved this book, but its one of those I read, gosh, twelve years ago and couldn't remember the important stuff like the name or author. lol.

Unknown said...

They're all good! Highly recommended!

Anonymous said...

Frigid by J. Lynn is one of my favorites :)

Eli Yanti said...

I have just finished reading for the sake of their son by catherine maan, it's about friends to lover, I really enjoy it.