Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Day Before Thanksgiving by Fiona Lowe


It's the day before Thanksgiving and I wonder how many of you are reading this? It's always a busy day. Some of you are travelling across the country to visit with family. I remember a road trip we took one year from Wisconsin to Virginia to visit dear friends, our previous neighbours, who'd moved to Virginia. Originally from Texas, Libbey couldn't stand the Wisconsin weather so she found her husband a job in a place she was prepared to live and they moved. I missed her desperately but the flip side was, I got to visit Virginia.
We drove through Indiana, Ohio, then Louisville and blue grass country, over the Appalachians in West Virginia to Richmond.  Fortunately, we had an enjoyable trip and it wasn't anything like the movie, Trains, Planes and Automobiles!

Is it cooked?
Some of you are working and planning to hit the grocery store on the way home. Yikes! It's always frantic. I hope you have your Zen on to survive the parking lot and the long lines. I talk to people in the lines and ask them what they've planning to serve. It passes the time and breaks the tension.

Some of you are hosting your very first Thanksgiving and stressing about cooking 'the bird'.  That pop-up thingie doesn't always work! I find everything goes a lot more smoothly if I have a glass of wine whilst cooking ;-)

Some of you are looking forward to spending the day with extended family and others of you are not. My Thanksgivings were always spent with friends because we didn't have family within 10,000 miles. Living in a university town meant there were lots of 'strays' and some of our best parties were Thanksgiving and Christmas with friends.

Some of you are spending the day planning with military precision how you are going to hit the mall on Black Friday and pick up the bargains of the year. Good luck to you! I envy you because the idea of shopping on Black Friday has me curling up in fetal position.

So however you are planning on spending your Thanksgiving weekend, I wish you a happy time and hope somewhere in those four days you can find some time to read!

My novel, Boomerang Bride starts at Thanksgiving and ends at
Christmas so it's perfect holiday reading. You can grab it at a book store in mass market paperback or buy it online at all eBook retailers

My next release is Runaway Groom, book 3 in the Wedding Fever trilogy, following Saved by the Bride and Picture Perfect Wedding. If you're planning your Christmas shopping, you can pre-order it now at Amazon, Nook, and all other eBook retailers. All links are HERE.


I'd love to hear what you're doing for Thanksgiving this year!  Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving weekend!
Fiona xx

No comments: