Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Katherine Garbera: Mistakes, I’ve Made A Few


Cari Chandler is the kind of woman who makes mistakes and moves on.  She doesn’t dwell on them and think about the ways she could have not made the mistake she just makes up her mind to never do it again and faces the consequences.  While I wouldn’t call a baby a consequence there are a lot of times when finding out you’re pregnant isn’t joyous news. 

Cari immediately knew two things that she wanted her baby even though she had no clue how to be a mom and that she would be raising her child on her own.  Knowing those things made everything that came after it very easy for her.  She’d made her choices, she’d picked her path and she had the confidence to walk it.

I’m sort of that way in my life.  I’ve made mistakes and some of them would make a lot of you wonder if I had lost my mind but others were just born of being too young or maybe not seeing the “real world” (btw I hate that term but people use it and ya’ll know what I mean when I say it) as it is.  Instead I operate under assumption most of the time that people are good and nice and understand what it means to be fair.

Cari operates this way too.  And her life though not perfect isn’t bad in her new reality as a single-mom until a hostile corporate take-over brings the one man she thought she’d never see again back into her life.

Cari wants to be all cool and indifferent the way her oldest sister Emma acts but the truth is she’s mad at Dec and she’s also as much as she wants to pretend otherwise still a little bit in like with him.  She didn’t have the chance to fall in love with him the first time but the spark she felt when they had their one night stand is still there.

How do you handle life when you make a mistake?  Do you roll with it and move on?  Do you sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened? 

I’m giving away an autographed copy of His Instant Heir to three lucky blog commenters today.


The USA Today best-selling author of more than 60 books (including 9 for Kensington Brava) Katherine Garbera is a two-time Maggie Winner.  Her ripped-from-the-headlines July 2010 release The Pirate was picked by Cosmo as its Red Hot Read.  Katherine’s latest release HIS INSTANT HEIR is the first book in her best-selling sizzling new series Baby Business.   She is a Florida native who grew up to travel the globe, Katherine makes her home in the Midlands of the UK with her husband, two children and a very spoiled miniature Dachshund.

It was only one night...

Cari Chandler can’t forget Declan Montrose. Their baby is a living reminder. The baby she hasn’t told him about. The no-commitment billionaire—and her family’s sworn enemy—walked out of her life the morning after. But now he’s back…with a vengeance!

Taking over her company is the last step to victory in their families’ long feud. But Cari’s more than collateral damage to Dec. He wants—needs—to seduce her again and again. Until he finds out she’s hidden something more precious than her company. His son. And Dec intends to claim him…no matter the cost.

***Kathy's winner is Emily B.  Please email totebag@authorsoundrelations.com with your mailing address!***

12 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I think we all make mistakes at times. I tend to deal with it & then move on . Sometimes it best not to dwell.

girlygirlhoosier52 said...

You just have to recognize the mistake, move on and learn from it.

Pat Cochran said...

Mistakes, I've made more than a few! The only
thing I've been able to do is learn from the
errors and then go on to the next phase in my
life. Those lemons make great lemonade!

Connie said...

When I make a mistake, I admit it, learn from it and carry on. No whining and trying to cover it up. It is what it is. Take a deep breath and carry on.

Cathy P said...

I used to dwell on my mistakes, but now I can recognize it, admit it, and move, learning from the experience.

Kaelee said...

Oh my this sounds like a great story. How long is the Baby Business series?

I think everyone makes mistakes. I like to hope that I've learnt from them. My hot temper often makes me speak before I think though. I have a lot of foot in mouth problems.

Unknown said...

When I make a mistake I learn from it and move on, I use to whine and complain about it but I realized that it just made it worse.

Lisa W said...

I have tried to ignore some of the mistakes I've made but that usually made things worse. I've learned my lesson and now try to make the best out of any situations that occur from mistakes I make.

erin said...

I'm a roll with it and move on. I try to learn from it and not repeat! Thanks for the great post and congrats on the new release! Sounds fantastic :)

Laney4 said...

Used to dwell on them and not sleep well, constantly tossing and turning. Now I block them out (after learning my lessons). I instead go over my wedding details to block out negative thoughts at bedtime, unless I can dream about a book I'm reading instead, as I just love to be the heroine in my sweet dreams!

Lory Lee said...

"Oh well" and a shrug. That's what I usually do when I make mistakes. I know that I can never change what happened, so I just don't roll with it and move on, I accept my mistakes and move forward. :)

Alina P said...

I always try to fix it, if that doesn't work I move on and try to never make it again.