Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Katherine Garbera: One More Kiss




My latest release isn't from Harlequin Desire, but from Harlequin Blaze.  Its the first book in a duo I wrote for them.  The second title Sizzle will be out in March.  I'm pretty excited about these books because I was able to combine a couple of things I really enjoy.  The first is cooking--Alysse and Staci (the heroines) own a cupcakery in San Diego, CA called Sweet Dreams. 

Both heroines are channeling their frustrations with the lives into baking and getting their business started.  That is something that I do from time-to-time when life gets too "real".  I retreat into my office and the fictional worlds I create.  I do that because let's face it, I can be a bit of a coward and a brat when life isn't going the way I want it to and in my fictional worlds I'm in control.

But like Alysse and Staci come to realize you can't escape the "real" world forever.  I find that hiding out for a while makes me stronger because I fix problems on the page and then I want to get back to my "real" life and fix my own problems.

In One More Kiss Alysse's problem is an ex-husband who is back in her life and wants a second chance.  Since he's the one who has made her unable to trust any other man, she decides that using him to win back her confidence is a fitting price to pay.  But she doesn't think about the risk to herself as she once fell in love with him and is in very real danger of falling for him again.

What about you?  Do you escape the "real" world sometimes or are you more of a dig-in and fight-it-out until the problem is solved person?
I'm giving away an autographed copy of One More Kiss to three lucky blog participants today.  

Katherine
http://www.katherinegarbera.com/k/Books.html

***Katherine's winner is Kaelee!  Please email totebag@authorsoundrelations.com with your mailing information.  Thanks!***

24 comments:

Unknown said...

I tend to hide in a book when things get tough, however working things out has its points too! Nothing like hiding in a romance book to make the woes of the world disappear and give me some much needed space to put them into perspective!

Katherine Garbera said...

Manda; me too not just books I'm writing but also reading. When things are really tough I revist books that I've always loved--sort of like comfort food for my soul.

Lory Lee said...

First I just let it be and think or do something else (like when I'm frustrated I do some laundry or clean my room) and then when I'm ready to solve my personal issues, I dig deep and think for the answers to my problems. I don't leave things unanswered, I'm scared that it might bounce back to me in the future.

Nicki said...

I tend to escape away from the world sometimes, otherwise I might go insane. Then I'll come back to the real world and deal with whatever made me escape in the first place.

Dannyfiredragon said...

Books and writing are my way of escapism, both helped me enormously during bad times.

Katherine Garbera said...

Lory Lee; I don't like to let things stay unanswered either. I sometimes keep pushing to get an answer when patience would serve me better but I hate not knowing.

Katherine Garbera said...

Nicki;

You always have to come back and deal with it, don't you? Its not going to go away no matter how long you stay away or at least that's what I've figured out. :)

Katherine Garbera said...

Me too! Its such a blessing to have an imagination to escape into.

Unknown said...

I am more dig-in and fight-it-out until the problem is solved person, but I escape the "real" world when I am reading books or watching movies.

LS said...

I usually stick it out but a good book does do the trick sometimes in escaping

Katherine Garbera said...

I really hate confrontation which is why I think I escape before facing my problems. I envy you, Olga! :)

Katherine Garbera said...

Books are good after you deal with a messy situation.

Karen H said...

I usually escape into a book and deal with a problem later. It will still be there when I'm done reading. Entertainment first, problem second. Hmm...sort of sound like I'm embedded in the ME generation doesn't it? I'm not,,,really, I'm not!

Pat Cochran said...

I'm sort of a combination of the two, but
it depends on the situation. Sometimes
there is an immediacy to the problem
which calls for solution first and escape
later!

Pat C.

Katherine Garbera said...

Karen H;

Sounds good to me! :)

Connie said...

I believe in getting the job done NOW. Putting something off simply amplifies the problem and causes one even more worry. So, bite the bullet and get it over with. Then, you can relax.

Leni said...

I'm a combination of the two. I try to figure out what is causing the problem and exactly how to fix it and avoid it from happening again. But if it becomes too much I retreat into thoughts, a book, movie or some other thing and like you said it does charge you back up and give you what you need to go forth.

Kaelee said...

It depends on the problem. Some have to be solved right now and others should be thought about. When I don't think before I speak, I sometimes regret it.

Books are my escape from the real world and things I can do nothing to change. After a bad news day, and there are so many of them, I love a good romance with a sure fire Happy Ever After ending to brighten my world.

Mary Preston said...

I'm the kind of person who will wrestle with a problem until I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Some things you just can't escape from, not even with reading.

host said...

I always feel like I have to solve a problem immediately as it appears, but at the same time I try to let it simmer a little bit while I escape into world of books. It seems that the problem after some time doesn't feel as big as it did at the beginning :) but if it stays unsolved for too long it grows...

Eli Yanti said...

Solve the problem because if not solve I'll think and think about it and feel worry n uncomfortable

Stefanie said...

I try to solve the problem, because it won't go out of my head until it's no longer a problem. Unless I just can't think of any way to fix it, then I try to just let it be for a while to try solving it again when my head is a little more clear.

Karen H said...

Just wondering if a winner was ever drawn for this giveaway.

Eli Yanti said...

this should be 3 winners??