Pages

Monday, July 04, 2011

What's Your RITA IQ? -- Susanna Carr

On July 1, the Romance Writers of America announced the 2011 RITA winners. The RITA awards celebrate the best of romance fiction.

And, once again, I haven't read many of the books. In fact, the only one I've read is Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis. (And you should read it, too!)

I swear, I should have read more than that. And my RITA IQ isn't so stellar when I look at the list of finalists. How did I miss so many great books?

Needless to say, I'm adding a few of these books to my TBR pile.

How many RITA books have you read? Here's the list:


Winner for Best First Book: Pieces of Sky by Kaki Warner

Winner for Romance Novella: "Shifting Sea" by Virginia Kantra in Burning Up

Winner for Young Adult Romance: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Winner for Paranormal Romance: Unchained: The Dark Forgotten by Sharon Ashwood

Winner for Novel with Strong Romantic Elements: Welcome to Harmony by Jodi Thomas

Winner for Contemporary Single Title: Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis

Winner for Romantic Suspense: Silent Scream by Karen Rose

Winner for Contemporary Series Romance: Suspense/Adventure: The Moon That Night by Helen Brenna

Winner for Contemporary Series Romance: Welcome Home, Cowboy by Karen Templeton

Winner for Inspirational Romance: In Harm's Way by Irene Hannon

Winner for Historical Romance: His at Night by Sherry Thomas

Winner for Regency Historical Romance: The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig

7 comments:

Rachael Johns said...

I hang my head in shame! I have read NONE of them. Looks like my TBR pile is about to grow AGAIN!!!

Susanna Carr said...

I'm hanging my head in shame, too! I read romance all the time and I have no idea how I missed these!!

Terry Odell said...

I've read 2 of the winners. I also judged the first round, so I did get to read others, but none made the finals.


Terry
Terry's Place
Romance with a Twist--of Mystery

Estella said...

I have read none of these books.

Mary Preston said...

I am busy adding to my list. THEN, I can say I have read...

Michele L. said...

I looked at the winners list and I do have 3 of the books but have not read them yet. Wow, so many great books by so many great authors!

Jo's Daughter said...

I only read The Mischief of the mistletoe by Lauren Willig. Great book, gotta add a few more titles to my wishlist I reckon.