Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Can't wait to read... - Amanda Ashby

As well as being a writer, I work part-time as a librarian so let's just say that there is never a shortage of books for me to read, but despite my ginormous TBR pile, there are some books that the moment they come out, they won't even hit the shelves because I will be so busy cracking the spine.

So, here is what I'm looking forward to:



Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. For anyone who hasn't read the first two books in The Hunger Games series, then I suggest that you race to the bookstore right now to find out just why Katniss is the coolest YA heroine on the block.

I Love the Eighties by Megan Crane (aka Caitlin Crews). I cannot begin to tell you how much I screamed when I saw the details of Megan's next book. I've always been such a fan of hers and now to think that she's tackling the Eighties, time-travel and Duran Duran all in one shiny little package, well it's almost too much for my little fan-girl heart to take!!!!!!!!

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. Okay, so I never really got into the whole Twilight thing but apart from Buffy, my favorite vampires definitely belong to Richelle Mead and I'm excited (and slightly terrified) to find out what happens in the final book of this amazing series.



Linger by Maggie Siefvater. I really enjoyed Shiver and I've been waiting very impatiently for the follow up book. Soon it will be mine!!!

So, while there are plenty of other books that I'm dying to get my hands on, these ones are topping the list right now. What about everyone else. What are the books that you will stop traffic to try and grab?



Amanda

Fairy Bad Day (Puffin June 2011)

http://www.blogger.com/www.amandaashby.com

5 comments:

practimom said...

there are so many, i should just copy paste my list here. But i am a big paranormal romance junkie, and a lot of series i read are coming out in the next two months. JR Ward's Crave, Lara Adrian's Taken by midnight, alyssa Day's Atlantis betrayed, Kresley cole's IAD #9, christina Phillips Forbidden, Monica burns's Assassins Heart, ACRO #5...it just goes on and on....i need a kindle!

Amanda Ashby said...

Practimon - you've just made my day! Christina Phillips is my cp and her debut book, Forbidden is completely amazing! I know you're going to love it!!!!!

Sara Hantz said...

I'll second Amanda's comments (other CP here) it's a fantastic book, and you'll love the next one in the Forbidden series too!!

Mary Kirkland said...

Omg there are so many great books either out or coming out. Jeaniene Frost, Kresley Cole, Alyssa Day, are just a few of the authors I'm waiting for their books.

Christina Phillips said...

practimom, thank you!!!