Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Stay-cation, Presents-style by Caitlin Crews

It is very hot and I would much prefer to be on vacation right now. It is August, after all. Aren't people supposed to be on vacation in August?

The best thing about writing Presents is that it's kind of like getting to take a great vacation to glamorous places every day. I don't have to accept the fact that I'm sitting in my office staring at my wall-- I could be anywhere in the world! Places I've been and places I've only dreamed of going. It's the ultimate stay-cation!

Here are some of the places I got to visit in my first two Presents, PURE PRINCESS, BARTERED BRIDE and MAJESTY,MISTRESS... MISSING HEIR--both due out next year, as well as the new manuscript I'm working on:



Hôtel Negresco, Promenade des Anglais, Nice



Belgravia, London, England



San Ysidro Ranch, Santa Barbara, California



Paris, France




York, England



Villefranche sur Mer, Cap Ferrat & Beaulieu, the Côte d'Azur, France



Los Angeles from the Hollywood Hills, California

Where would you go if you could go anywhere? Can your favorite Presents take you there?

8 comments:

cheryl c said...

I would love to take a cruise of the Greek Isles! Maybe one day...

gigi said...

I would love to visit England and visit all the castles. Maybe one day after the kids are out of college

Mary Kirkland said...

I would love to go to Scotland and visit the castles. I have read many many books where they center around haunted Scottish castles, I love those.

Estella said...

I would love to go back to Hawaii.
Presents can take me almost anywhere I want to go.

Mari said...

I'd like to visit Greece, particularly Crete, as I love its history.

Pat Cochran said...

Venice, always Venice! Or the rest
of Italy!

Or maybe Hawaii! Or maybe Scotland!
Or maybe Australia!

Or maybe .....................!

Pat Cochran

Alison said...

It's funny for me to read about people who long to visit Scotland - because I live in Scotland, so I want to go somewhere else! I'd like to go back to Paris, and maybe see Vienna.

Mary Kirkland said...

I feel the same way about people wanting to visit Las Vegas, because I live in Vegas. I'd just like to go somewhere that was green since what I usually see around here is ....cactus. lol