- Sold two books to Kimani Romance that continue my Ladies of Distinction series. They will be out in February and September 2009. The first is due to the editor by May 7.
- I finally saw the movie Michael Clayton and absolutely loved this cerebral thriller. The understated suspense, innuendos, and characters' arcs were fantastic. I'm a movie nut and own quite a vast collection of movies. I tend to play movies in the background as I write.
- Very rarely do I eat to the point of gluttony. But I surely went to that point when I went to a restaurant in Houston, TX called Jaspers. Chefs Kent and Kevin Rathbun defeated Bobby Flay on Iron Chef season premiere 2/25/08. I ordered Crispy Calamari, and also sampled someone's Salt Crusted Rock Shrimp. Ordered Slow Roasted Baby Back Ribs with Potato Salad and Bourbon Cream Corn (You can request for your order to be split, but my portion still looked like a full meal). I sampled someone's Delmonio Prime Rib- OMG!!! It melted in your mouth. Thank goodness for elastic waistbands.
- I came home from a trip and my husband had cleaned the family room that had once looked like a police raid had occurred. Let the choir sing - Hallelujah!!
- Then, because I don't have enough to do, I declared my intent to run for Romance Writers of America's (RWA) president-elect position later this year. I've got my headache and antacid medicines ready and waiting. But I think a box of chocolates and Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies should do the rest of the trick.
- Thanks to Leena Hyat, owner of this Sound Relations and this wonderful blog, a line up of publicity is due to be rolled out for my April release - No One But You and Gamble On Love (October 2008).
And now back to the regular programming of life, family, and writing. Got to make that deadline.
See ya later.